Manager - Sourcing - Electrical Parts (5-8 yrs)
Job Summary/ Purpose :
The primary function of this position is the timely and cost-effective purchasing of components (Electrical parts i.e. wire harnesses, connectors etc) to support the company's projects & production plans. These activities include but are not limited to; supporting the strategic procurement process, execution of supplier agreements to include negotiations, supplier selection/development, and contract management. Working with engineering/project management team to make sure that sourcing activities correspond to project needs.
Within an assigned commodity, this position is accountable for managing and defining the procurement process of essential parts in a timely, economical, and efficient manner in order to meet company goals. Goals are met by implementing and maintaining effective relationships with current Commodity/Category suppliers as well as developing new supply sources within their designated area.
Key Responsibilities :
Supplier base management :
- Development of supplier base through induction of new suppliers, supplier's up-gradation / consolidation based on SQDC parameters. Long term agreement with suppliers.
Component Development :
- Development of electrical parts as per standards.
- Adherence to development timelines.
- Development of fixture as per requirement.
- Component Modifications
- ECN Management: Ensure timely implementation of Drawing changes.
- Modification of die and fixture.
- Zero- Based Costing for electrical components.
- Negotiation with Vendors.
- Release of Purchase Orders.
- Proper raw material price fluctuation follow up for price increase/decrease with vendors.
Cost Reduction :
- Work on cost reduction projects to achieve the annual cost reduction target.
Process Audits :
- Conduct regular process audits at vendor end.
- Plan and execute improvements based on Audit report.
Quality Issues :
- Manage quality issues at vendor end.
- Knowledge of electrical parts manufacturing (mainly wire harnesses, connectors etc).
- Knowledge of Raw Materials.
- Knowledge of various Checking Aids
- Knowledge of die/fixture manufacturing.
- Working Knowledge of SAP-MM (Module)
Working Experience : 5-8 years in the relevant area.