Head - Operations at Skill Lab Services
Views:146 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Technology - CPVC (18-20 yrs)
Company : Reliance Indutries
Role : MANAGER TECHNOLOGY - CPVC
Job Grade : G
Job Location Dahej, GJ
Education : BE/B.Tech, MCA, M.Sc
Job Summary : Manage all technical services at the site related to the technology and mentor Sr Technologist / Technologist to provide comprehensive technology support to plant operations in order to achieve business targets and improve profitability by conceptualizing and implementing improvement projects.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Lead plant performance monitoring on key parameters and recommend corrective action to the engineers.
- Ensure adherence to set technical standards, RIL HSE standards and guidelines.
- Provide technical support for Engineering, procurement, shutdown, construction and commissioning.
- Lead generation and implementation of PIOs
- Lead risk assessment of MOCs and provide mitigation to minimize the risk.
- Co-ordination with Licensors / catalyst vendors/Experts to resolve technical issues.
- Provide recommendations on feedstock / chemical / additive / catalyst selection based on past experience and performance monitoring
- Lead value engineering in all new projects / capital intensive schemes for utilizing existing unused assets and to bring down the cost.
- Recommend and lead major revamp studies including trial and test runs
- Review and validate process engineering work carried out by Engineers
- Support operation in budgeting and budget control (yields, norms, to develop/propose
- solutions for improvements; to lead the technology input into benchmarks and the execution of corrective actions.
- Drive research projects and scaling up of bench scale research to commercial trials,
- Lead activities related to providing accurate inputs for planning model APO/PIMS to optimizing overall gross margins.
- Lead efforts for identifying new area for process automation applications such as APC, RTO, ARPM, IX
- Participate in development of annual and 5 years rolling plans for relevant technology.
- Engage teams in best practice capture and sharing
- Ensure optimal resource allocation to enable highest level of technical delivery and utilization.
- Identify training needs for Engineers to build capabilities in coordination with the CoE.
- Drive implementation of BT and RMS processes.
Technical skills required :
- Process Technology
- Feed characterization & product stewardship.
- Catalyst, Chemical & additives programme management
- Energy & Loss management & Hydrocarbon accounting
- Process capability enhancement
- Benchmark assets & processes
- Licensor/Consultant selection; Understanding of FEED package
- Process monitoring (thru KPIs on Y,Q, T, E&L) & trouble shooting
- Production planning & budgeting (incl. catalyst & chemicals) with APO
- Periodic reviews (IPF, IOW, EIVs, etc.) to enhance reliability
- Compliance to statutory obligations
- Exception or deviation handling
- HAZOP and PHA
- Risk Assessment (use of 8X8 RAM)
- Managing budget
- Initiative management
- Training and mentoring
- Minimum 18 years in Operation of large size chemical plant.
- Should have thorough knowledge of Polymer Industry/Manufacturing, Continuous Polymerization, CPVC, PVC manufacturing etc.
About Company : Reliance Indutries
Founded : 1958, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Mumbai
- Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai. Its businesses include energy, petrochemicals, natural gas, retail, telecommunications, mass media, and textiles.
- Reliance Industries Limited, India's largest private sector company, now operates at Dahej, a Petrochemical plant formerly set up by Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (IPCL), a pioneer in the petrochemicals sector. Availability of adequate gas and condensate feedstock from Gandhar oil and gas fields has led IPCL to set up and commission a Gandhar petrochemical plant in 1996, after obtaining clearance from MoEF in 1991, comprising of a state-of-the-art gas cracker unit and other downstream units at Dahej in Bharuch District in the state of Gujarat.