Director at Dhruv Corporate HR Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Views:156 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Vendor Development - Manufacturing (7-10 yrs)
One of our esteemed clients is looking for a Manager - Vendor Development to be based in Ahmedabad. The role is for growth-oriented people with entrepreneurial mindset.
About Client :
- Company is an internationally oriented, privately owned group of companies with its head office in Germany. It was founded in 1919 and, in 2019, employed more than 1,200 people around the world. In 2019 they generated a turnover more than of 155 million Euros.
- Company is a working in the field of manufacturing and marketing of high tech sophisticated Control and Automation products for converting, paper, film, tyre, textile and cable industries.
- They place great emphasis on service. With a dense service network in all the key industrial nations, they are able to offer you a comprehensive range of service - from remote maintenance through to personal, onsite support. Simple, uncomplicated and whenever you need them.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- BE Mechanical with 8 to 10 years of sound experience in developing new vendors, and enhance Vendor base. Candidates must have a good communication and interpersonal skill with ability to interface with Cross functional team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes like Machining / Fabrication / Casting / Surface treatment / EDM etc. is preferable. Should have good costing and negotiating skills.
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them.