Manager - Workshop - Auto/Auto Ancillary (5-8 yrs)
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports To : Regional Manager - Parts & Services
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure minimum required parts are kept in the stock at all the times, provide cycle count of parts at the prescribed interval and submit the reports to finance
- Assist with quotes, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods with invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays to the customers.
- Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Work with Regional Manager to client's requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with Service Team to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and service and provide solutions.
- Develop teams to follow the warranty/contract processes, make timely warranty claims, generate invoices immediately after the job completed prior to the release of vehicles
- Oversee the availability of necessary working tools, special tools and equipment's and its calibration to make sure they are always in usable condition
- Ensure to generate external invoice prior to the release of vehicles and obtain acknowledgement of invoices from customers
- Ensure to achieve parts, labour and workshop productivity targets
- Ensure to provide site support/breakdown assistance in the assigned territory
- Ensure to achieve any other DCS KPI's assigned
Education and/or Experience :
- Any Diploma or Graduate in Engineering
- Minimum of 6-10 Years- experience in similar capacity
- Work experience in service is desirable
- Further education in relevant field an advantage