Talent Acquisition at Applied Materials
Views:147 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manufacturing Engineer - Method Sheet (5-8 yrs)
About Applied :
- Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Role Overview :
- The OMS - Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing documentation, taking them from initial drafts to volume manufacturing ioms. The daily tasks include review, validation and modification of OMS's to facilitate manufacturing/assembly at the supplier level and in Applied Materials manufacturing operations.
- The OMS ME uses modeling and drafting software routinely in the course of their role, principally Unigraphics/NX. They also use Team center to access designs/models. Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes and the ability to engage with manufacturing floor to resolve issues is an added qualification for the OMS ME role.
- Create Operation Method Sheet (OMS) for aid Mfg. assemblers build complex Applied systems.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineers, technicians and Quality to develop/update optimal operation sequences for parts and assemblies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project in progress and/or the specific goals of the department in which the incumbent works.
Job Specific Knowledge :
- Product structure, bill of materials, product safety requirements, material handling, and root cause analysis.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing engineering discipline, theories, practices and principles.
- Requires knowledge necessary to perform the job function such as an understanding of the engineering change order process, product development process, value engineering etc
- Requires strong skills in Product technology, change management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, personal effectiveness, team skills, and quality.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools (UG-NX & Team center)
- Requires additional knowledge of systems and software necessary such as MS Visio, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Interpersonal Skills :
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Functional Knowledge :
- Applies basic analytical skills or scientific methods or operational processes to perform straightforward activities
Business Expertise :
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
Problem Solving :
- Uses standard operating procedures or scientific methods to guide own work and solve standard problems
- BE/BTech/Diploma level degree in Mechanical /Industrial Production/Automobile discipline
- 5-8 years previous experience in manufacturing/engineering preferred.
- Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.