Head HR at Eko Supreme
Views:562 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
Manufacturing Head - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
Job Summary :
Direct overall manufacturing operations of WGO Nigeria to meet the tactical and strategic objectives of the business including facilities planning, developing plans to optimise productivity, maximise efficiency, drive operational excellence and to manage production within specification tolerance.
Key Roles/Responsibilities :
Strategy and Development :
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies & procedures and processes to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of cost, quality and delivery targets. Enabling the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Drive key process improvement initiatives to be taken-up (such as ISO, TPM, TQM etc.)
General and Task Management :
- Implement a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer service levels
- Drive and manage Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the manufacturing functions including production schedules and budgets to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost, timelines and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop efficient and effective internal control systems, to keep track of the performance of equipment and take necessary actions to improve efficiency (through effective training and other measures).
- Drive Continuous Improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business
- Plan and execute maintenance activity to ensure plants are kept safe and compliant. Breakdowns to be attended to with minimum lead time.
- Coordination for spares / consumables required in all units in alignment with all stakeholders. Maintain sufficient spare part stocks (Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic, Pneumatic) etc. in all manufacturing units.
- Ensure equipment reliability to maximise machine productivity and utilise visual factory concepts to maximise asset utilisation and plant performance.
- Monitor and report critical information such as overtime, labour cost, maintenance cost, admin expenses, equipment downtime, waste and material loss etc
- Operate a process for safe selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the Head of Purchasing ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value
- Support project management to cross functional activity required for project execution
- Manage the accurate and on-time introduction of NPD
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated.
- Take overall responsibility to ensure adherence to safety standards by all employees in the factories and establish zero accident environment during the manufacturing and maintenance process.
- Responsible for overall security of manufacturing facilities and assets
Financial and Budget Management :
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all 5 year and annual Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
People Management :
- Provide clear leadership, inspire and establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives.
- Set factory objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure and resource plans to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Monitoring of the labour environment with efficient welfare committee operation.
Relationship Management :
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Proactively work with product line management, engineering, service and other departments to incorporate best practices into the manufacturing environment.
- Report on Manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy.
Skills/ Qualifications :
- B.E / B.Tech Mechanical / Electrical engineering with minimum of 15 years experience in the FMCG manufacturing sector of medium / large organisations.
- Leadership, problem-solving, collaboration, capability building, effective communication and team building.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of production processes, plant and machinery components (e.g. Boiler, generator, air compressors) and manufacturing techniques
- Experience in Laundry Care and Food manufacturing will be an added advantage