Senior Talent Acquisition at MNR Solutions
Views:216 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manufacturing Manager - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
Functional Area : Manufacturing (Production, Quality Control, Maintenance)
Job Title : Manufacturing Manager
Reports to : General Manager/CEO / Managing Director
Interfaces with :
Internal : All Dept heads, All Employees
External : Suppliers, Environment Agencies, Health authorities
Education & Experience :
- Graduate in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum Five (8 -15) years of experience in managing production & maintenance activities in FMCG company in snacks and confectionery.
- Knowledge in managing the multi-head weigher, soft and hard extruded snacks, and potato crisps.
- East African Countries; experience preferable.
- Knowledge of NPD
- Experience in managing technical teams.
- Proficient in English.
- Knowledge of ISO QMS, FSMS, EMS, OHSAS
- Computer literate and well versed with MS Office.
- Any combination of experience and/or education to perform the job allotted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Supervise the work of subordinates, motivate and coach them.
- A good team player.
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Awareness of the inputs, activities and outputs related to the job.
- Ability to keep self-updated on the technological and technical developments in the area of work.
- Creative, forward thinker, always on the lookout for improvements.
- Capacity for troubleshooting in the process and quality control areas.
- Optimum use of human resources and materials, avoiding waste.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize the allotted jobs.
- Ability to cope with time pressure and stress.
- Ability to assess projects & resource requirements.
- Ability to manage production efficiencies.
Personal Attributes :
- Honesty, Integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Duties & responsibilities :
- Oversee the entire production process and plan preventive and scheduled maintenance with the production team.
- Plan Production in order to meet the requirements for business set by the management through continual communication with the Sales team.
- Material planning including alerting the Procurement Department on ordering, efficient use of materials and accurate inventory management.
- Plan, Coordinate, Oversee and Control Maintenance activities in the designated departments and taking corrective actions.
- Communicating with machine/spares suppliers.
- Coordinates work performed by outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
- Manage the Plant and production team in an optimum way such that the set objectives are met.
- To be aware of existing processes and management Information systems.
- Provide logistical support to Procurement and Finished Goods depot in the physical movement of stocks.
- Diagnose breakdowns and manage engineering spares inventory.
- Deal with any emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
- Work with specialized equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines.
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Ensure that production is carried out in an effective and efficient manner as per the established procedures.
- Monitor and if need be, adjust production plans with consultation of the Sales & Procurement managers.
- Monitor product standards and implementing quality control programs.
- Ensure proper use of machinery and equipment in co-operation with the maintenance and engineering team.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are set and implemented.
- To always be on the lookout for continual improvement in production and quality, and take proactive measures under advice to the management.
- Identify training needs.
- Implement company policies and goals.
- Identify objectives to support and complement the business objectives and policies of the company.
- Strictly follow guidelines given, prior to making any changes to the existing process.
- Timely updating of quality plans/process sheets.
- Ensure that there is a relevant, complete and timely MIS.
- Ensure that all the available tools are applied to the maximum including but not limited to QMS, FSMS, CP, GMP, OHSAS, EMS.
- Actively participate in Management Systems Development, Establishment, Implementation, Evaluation and Improvement in the company.
- Quality Management Systems
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Environment Management System
- To help identify and implement more efficient processes and procedures within the team.
- Communication, Teamwork
- Communicates in an open way
- With Colleagues & Subordinates
- With Superiors
- Conducting timely working party/team meetings
- Effective Team participation
- Effective contribution to the team
- Cooperates well with colleagues
- Within the department
- With other parts of the company
- Aware of the designated job at any point in time, what action to take in case of problems and emergencies.
- To be open-minded and frankly seek directions in case of any doubt from Superiors.
- To perform related works as required by Superiors.
- To stop the production process when the agreed quality parameters are not achieved.
- To stop the release of non-conforming products.
- To oversee the workflow of subordinates and balance the workload.
- To confront inappropriate behavior from/among subordinates and take appropriate disciplinary actions in line with the Internal Rules of the company.
1. Evidence of demonstrated Process efficiency.
2. Evidence of organizational efficiency within the team.
3. Evidence of successful initiative in process management.
4. Evidence of proactive and effective communication, team participation, and team contribution.
5. Interaction/communication with superiors and colleagues.
6. Incidents of nonconformance occurred (root cause on the employee's account).
7. Feedback from internal/external customers.
8. Response to emergencies, problems & time pressure.
9. Demonstrated supervisory and management skills.