Managing Partner at MAP Architects
Views:1753 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:142
MAP Architects - Design Principal & Partner (12-30 yrs)
- Design principal is a licensed and experienced design professional who holds a senior management position at the firm. This individual is a partner of the firm with a shareholding along with profit sharing and generous bonus commensurate to the contribution to the growth and profitability of the firm.
- The partner in the design principal role will manage separate groups of employees and developing different client base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for developing and nurturing customer and professional relationships.
- On each project, he/she would work with the client to determine their goals and would ultimately assume responsibility for delivering the final schematics.
- He would then deliver the construction documents to the contractors.
- Make decisions related to managing the business.
- A design principal plans the direction of his firm and determines what type/s of project they will focus on. He/She is the one who comes up with strategies for company's financial planning, budgeting and marketing efforts.
- Play a dual role in both leadership and design.
- Act as the senior project manager who oversees inexperienced and new staff members, while they are in the process of completing a project.
- It may also be necessary to train or give advice to unlicensed architects as they work on earning their architectural licenses, while his remaining time would be spent on making managerial decisions, marketing the firm or evaluating financial documents.
Oversees design work :
- Taking the reins on important and large projects, a design principal advises staff members when questions or concerns arise.
- He/She would represent the firm at meetings concerning project design and would act as a consultant, playing a small role in building design or handling the whole design process from start to finish.
Core Competencies : In order for one to be an effective design principal, he/she should have the following qualities :
Analytical Skills : Have in-depth understanding of the design content and the context in which it was created.
Technical Skills : Proficient in using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) technology for the creation of plans, which is part of integrated building information modeling (BIM).
Creativity : In designing the overall look of buildings and other structures, should be creative in ensuring that the final results would be functional and attractive.
Visualisation Skills : The ability to see how structural parts relate to each other is essential to a design principal. He/she must be able to visualise how the overall structure will look like on its completion.
Communication Skills : Have good communication skills, deliver clear messages to team, other architects and clients through oral and written presentations to ensure goals are properly achieved.
Organisational Skills : Manages contracts, should be able to keep records related to project details, including materials, cost and progress.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Master's degree in Architecture preferable
- Twelve plus years of experience with strategic, functional, operational, and design experience as lead architect on projects of minimum 500,000 sft.
- COA registered architectural license
- LEED and GRIHA certifications preferred
- An understanding of the trends and challenges facing the Commercial Projects and how those trends will affect operations, planning and design, including green design, and evidence based design principles.
- Published white papers, prepared and presented content at major conferences is preferred