Co-Founder at Mantras2Success.com
Views:427 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Marine Technical Engineer (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
Marine Technical Engineer and is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of all major mechanical and engineered equipment onboard a ship. He should have the knowledge of several mechanical systems that help in the operations of any vessel like propulsion mechanics, electricity and power generation system, lubrication, fuel systems, water distillation, lighting, and air conditioning system, etc. These are all included in the technical responsibilities of a marine engineer.
- You will be responsible for the overall management and technical operations of our fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc
- Attend to vessel dry-docking, repairs, and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry-docking and maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry-docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, solas and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc) are properly maintained and documented
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at the home port and overseas.
- Perform an evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes, and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance, etc
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections
- Monitor the technical status of the vessel with relation to class cert and survey
- Supervise contractors- repair/maintenance of vessels
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure conformance
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of the QHSE system and policies for the Division.
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
- Ensure and maintain vessels- zero lost time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.