Head recruiter at Mascon Consultant
Views:90 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Mascon Global - Manager - Procurement (20-25 yrs)
JOB TITLE: GM - Procurement
1. Age: 40-50 years
2. The candidates should be from the same/similar project industries.
3. Relocate to Chennai with family.
Experience in procuring Exotic metal plates and Tubes, Duplex Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Alloys and Low Alloy Steels, Hast Alloys.
Experience in Nickel, Monal, Inconel, Titanium, and Copper will be preferred. (Not mandatory)
PRIMARY PURPOSE, FUNCTION AND INFLUENCE JOB HAS ON THE ORGANISATION:
- Responsible for developing procurement strategies and activities and for ensuring suppliers- performance and cost. Adhere and ensure the SOPs are implemented and followed.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the Procurement function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver material on time to meet the CCD.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and enter the contracts, contractual relationships, and contract management to deliver materials and other services by the supply base.
- Lead and manage a Procurement team of Managers, Executives, and other Buyers to deliver the materials, provide complete support to the operations and ensure business objectives are met.
- Work alongside the senior management team in contributing to the overall business objectives .
Strategy Development - Procurement
a) Purchase and Cost estimation across the business.
b) Create and Implement best procurement practices, policies and, procedures to improve the operations performance and meet CDD.
c) Develop Procurement strategies to meet the operational needs in terms of best price, quality, and timely delivery. It should be inventive, innovative, and cost-effective.
d) Identify, develop and build rapport with all vendors from overseas and domestic for quality, timely delivery and cost effective.
e) Identify the long and short lead materials in every projects, and develop a process to deliver materials as pe the full kit and sequence.
f) Understand and analyse the operational and business challenges, take necessary actions to mitigate and develop solutions.
g) Develop create procurement processes for a better price, delivery, and process improvements, like e-procurement, tenders, using professional and social networks
- Drawing the Procurement and Inventory Management priorities for long term (3 yrs) and short-term (1 yr) from the Organization's Strategic initiatives.
- Plan Raw Material procurement as per Sales Plan.
- Factor acceptable Lead time of procurement.
- Provide imported material requirement to Leadership and seek necessary approvals.
- Release of delivery schedules to local/International Vendors.
Plan to take account of Lead Time and stock holding viz Reorder, Safety Stock etc
Budget Control :
a) Responsible for purchasing within the allocated budget and saving costs on every project.
b) Manage the projects within the allocated budgets to complete the projects
c) Take appropriate actions to cost overrun and, follow the approval process for procuring materials over and above the budget cost.
Stake Holders Management :
a) relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
b) Identify, develop vendors directly, through distributors for project requirements.
c) Communicate with the stakeholders, the changes in the supply chain and its effects on supply, develop and recommend solutions without compromising the quality, delivery, and cost.
d) Work with operations for new business initiatives and contribute from the purchasing perspective.
e) Work with stakeholders for meeting the TDC requirement, Project Scope, and specifications to comply with the orders from the customers.
f) Maintain sufficiently and required stocks as per the methodology and take appropriate actions for non-moving stocks and disposal of scraps.
Team Management and Development :
a) Develop procurement organisation structure, resource plan to attain the objectives and meet the customer requirement, deliverables.
b) Set Objectives and KRA for all the team members, monitor the progress, evaluate the performance and provide the required support.
c) Conduct regular performance reviews, rewards, and correct them as appropriate.
d) Implement an efficient communication system within the department to avoid duplication and miscommunications
e) Be an owner of the SOPs, ensure it adhered to at all levels.
f) Ensure internal procurement policies and approval processes are followed by everyone.
g) Be a coach and mentor to the team, ensure and enable them to achieve the operations deliverables within their area of responsibility and succeed in their respective roles.
Products and Projects - Manufacturing
Products / Equipment
Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Reactors, Column, Presssure Vessels,Pumps and other process equipment.
Educational Qualifications B.E (Full Time) + MBA