Talent Acquisition Specialist at Tamcherry Technologies
Views:138 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Material Engineer - Piping (5-15 yrs)
Job Title : Piping Material Engineer (Oil and Gas, Detail Engineering/FEED)
Job Summary :
- A Piping Material Engineer with expertise in the oil and gas industry and a focus on detail engineering or FEED is responsible for the selection, specification, and verification of materials used in piping systems. This role is vital for ensuring the integrity, safety, and compliance of piping materials with industry standards and project requirements.
Key Responsibilities :
Material Selection : Collaborate with engineering teams to select appropriate materials for piping components based on project-specific requirements, including process conditions, temperature, pressure, and fluid properties.
Material Specification : Develop detailed material specifications and standards for piping components, considering the project's unique needs, relevant codes, and industry standards.
Compliance : Ensure that all materials selected and specified are in compliance with industry standards, codes (e.g., ASME, API), and environmental regulations, with a focus on safety and sustainability.
Vendor Evaluation : Evaluate and select material suppliers and vendors based on their ability to meet project requirements, quality standards, and cost-effectiveness.
Material Testing and Inspection : Oversee the testing, inspection, and quality control of materials to ensure they meet the specified standards and project requirements.
Corrosion Control : Develop strategies and plans for corrosion control and prevention, including the selection of appropriate corrosion-resistant materials and coatings.
Material Data Management : Maintain a comprehensive database of material properties, specifications, and inventory for effective project management and documentation.
Material Requisitions : Prepare material requisitions and collaborate with procurement teams to ensure the timely and cost-effective acquisition of required materials.
Change Management : Handle material change requests and assess their impact on project cost, schedule, and quality, while ensuring compliance with project specifications.
Technical Support : Provide technical support to multidisciplinary project teams, including process engineers, piping designers, and stress engineers, regarding material-related issues and challenges.
Cost Control : Monitor material costs and recommend cost-effective alternatives or optimizations to stay within project budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, or a related field.
- Several years of experience in Piping Material Engineering, specifically in the oil and gas industry and in detail engineering or FEED.
- In-depth knowledge of materials selection, specifications, and industry standards.
- Familiarity with materials testing and inspection procedures.
- Strong understanding of corrosion control and prevention strategies.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for materials selection and data management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- An understanding of safety and environmental regulations in the oil and gas sector.