Management Trainee at Mount Talent Consulting
Views:170 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Mechanical Design Engineer (4-10 yrs)
Role- Mechanical Design Engineer
Experience- 4-10 Years
Job Type- Full time
Notice Period- Immediate Joiners or up to 30 Days
Duties and responsibilities :
Focus areas for him would be related to:
- Conceptualization and detailed level Mechanical design of enclosures for Telecom products.
- System level Thermal analysis of Telecom equipment using CFD tools.
- 3D design (Solid/Surface Modelling) and detailed manufacturing drawings of parts, assemblies including drafting, dimensioning, tolerancing & bill of materials.
- Selection of Connectors, electromechanical components, generation of cable assemblies & cable harness solutions.
- PCB template generation with due consideration to connectorization, I/O connectors, power supplies & layout of critical Electronic components.
- System Integration activities in co-ordination with Electronics HW team.
- Overall review of Mechanical and Thermal design.
- Vendor development & interaction for prototype development & volume production of Plastic, machined, metal die-cast & sheet metal components.
- Working with experts of different areas to ensure most competitive solutions.
- Co-ordination with system engineers, HW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues.
1.B.Tech/M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
1.Min. 5 - 8 years of experience in Mechanical design of Telecom products such as Small cells, Remote Radio Head, Power amplifiers, communication devices, etc.
Skills and Understanding:
1.In-depth knowledge of 3D/2D CAD Softwares like SolidWorks, PTC Creo, AutoCAD and CFD based Thermal simulation softwares like Flotherm, Icepack, etc.
2.Good knowledge in a wide variety of manufacturing processes including Plastics Injection molding, CNC machining, metal die casting and sheet metal fabrication.
3.Good understanding of Jigs, Fixtures, Injection Moulds and Press tools, etc.
4.Design for Manufacturability (DFM) analysis and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
5.Pro-activity and independent problem solving through own experience and network.
6.Learning agility and decision making ability.
7.Understanding of NEBS (GR-CORE), IEC, ETSI, MIL, IPxx and RoHS/WEEE standards.
8.Good understanding of testing of enclosures for vibration, temperature, shock, environmental (thermal, humidity), salt spray, IP65, etc.