Human Resource Talent Acquisition at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:334 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Mechanical Engineer - Chemical Injection Systems/Packages (5-13 yrs)
Responsible for project bespoke design to client specifications/ rationalization / Order engineering / BOM / Technical Documentation / Technical calculations related to highly customized and high quality chemical injection/system packages for the process industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work on project design activities and Order related activities.
- Drive innovative and cost effective mechanical designs using plant standard procedures, engineering knowledge and experience.
- Assist plant engineering team by performing related structural and tank engineering calculations for day-to-day activities and long term projects.
- Accurately complete structural calculations and Tank calculations to Roark's formulae using hand calculations and proprietary software.
- Package and skid design associated to Industrial and chemical Package.
- Review customer specification, analyze engineering requirement and propose engineered solutions.
- Working with Design and Manufacturing Engineers, following the manufacturing and assembling process, employ problem solving skills to resolve issues encountered.
- Creation of 3D models, assemblies, drawings and BOM using Inventor, ProE, Solidworks, Autocad, SAP and e-pdm.
- Creation of P&ID- s, GA- s, fabrication drawings, pipework isometrics, bills of material, lifting and transportation drawings.
- Produce technical documentation in support of all steps I workflow for design and build
- Work independently or as a team member in the global engineering team
- Participate, and where required, lead customer design reviews using Skype
- Interactions with global functional teams.
- Liaise with production plant during build process
- Engineering change management with internal departments
- Use initiative to find information from suppliers on specified process equipment
- Design checks associated with ATEX, PED and Machinery directive
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- BE degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4-8 years post graduate related working experience
- A thorough knowledge of machine design, vibration, strength of material, metallurgy, ASME codes, manufacturing procedures.
- Experience/knowledge on pumps, Instrumentation, process equipment & valves
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating thoughts and ideas.
- Knowledge of FEA and experience in related software (ANSYS)
- Knowledge of design software (Autocad, ProE, Inventor, Solidworks) and ERP system such as SAP and FEA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.