Mechanical Engineer - Sustenance Engineering (1-14 yrs)
Role: Mechanical Engineer- Sustenance Engineering
Type: Full Time
- Experience must in sustenance Engineering. Should have independently worked on engineering change projects in client facing environment. NPD/NPI experience good to have.
- Must be able to work with marketing, purchasing, service and manufacturing teams to drive projects to completion.
- Manage multiple projects required to support new and existing product development. This includes Engineering Changes Request for current product offering, addressing customer corrective action requests and leading reduction of cost projects.
- Perform design calculations or analysis required for design of components or sub-systems. The calculations or analysis might include stress analysis, force/load/deflection on mechanical parts and air flow/pressure calculations as required.
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan.
- Make design recommendations for materials, manufacturing methods and component selections.
- Build and test design concepts and engineering prototypes for verification. This includes compiling and presenting data to support design verification of new products in accordance with company requirements.
- Must be able to participate in toll-gate design reviews for reviewing the design changes & seek management approval to move forward.
- Provide input into the creation/modification of product Specifications in alignment with Customer Requirements.
- Ability to apply design principles, solve engineering design problems for sustenance projects.
- Ability to drive client communication independently.
- Mechanical design skills ranging from part design through production.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing methods of metal and plastic parts eg. machining, welding, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding
- Engineering testing and analysis to determine product performance