Talent Acquisition Associate at Zyoin
Views:617 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Mechanical Engineer - Vehicle Architecture (3-6 yrs)
- The Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) will be responsible for delivering chassis or body systems and components as part of an electric vehicle platform that will disrupt the current mobility landscape in India. The Engineer will take end to end responsibility of their components, from concept initiation into series production.
- The Engineer will be an integral part of, one of multiple, engineering teams. Each team will specialize in one vehicle architecture (3W / Scooter / Motorcycle). The Engineer will work within their team to develop components that achieve the overall vehicle specification, and meet the company's requirements for cost, quality and program timing.
- The Engineer will be expected to be competent in the basic mechanical engineering principles. Domain specific knowledge of design or development in one of the following areas in either 2W/3W or light weight commercial vehicles is an advantage: Brake systems, suspension systems, chassis structures, Plastic bodywork, sheet-metal bodywork, lighting, seating, or vehicle integration.
- The Engineer will work closely with Quality and Purchasing departments to ensure suppliers capabilities and design requirements are compatible, to ensure the product targets can be maintained in production.
- The Engineer will support the Quality department with any warranty investigation and design improvements throughout the life of their component.
- The Engineer will report to their Design Team leader.
- The Engineer will work within a team of 8-12 mechanical engineers.
- The Engineer should be able to estimate the duration of tasks and highlight where possible clashes, or over-commitment occurs.
- The Engineer is required to be self-motivated, and be capable of working independently on mid-term tasks.
- The Engineer will be responsible for providing innovative solutions, within the scope of their system area.
- The Engineer is responsible for compiling component and system level specifications.
- The Engineer is to conduct their work in a manner that ensures all engineering principles and calculations are rigorously applied.
- The Engineer is to support productionisation with face to face contact with the vendor base.
- The Engineer is to work with the validation department to support DVP and DFMEA activities.
- The Engineer is to ensure their work is documented and reported in robust and professional documentation, in adherence to company policies and procedures.
Experience & Skills Requirements :
- Experienced of working for a vehicle OEM or Tier 1.
- 3years plus of domain knowledge (Mechanical engineering design / layout for chassis & body systems and components)
- EV experience is an advantage.
- 2W / 3W experience is an advantage.
- CAD proficiency and ability to make 2D drawings to international standards is a must
- Familiarity with Catia or Solid Works is an advantage.