Mechanical Package Engineer - Oil & Gas Industry (4-10 yrs)
Department : Mechanical Package
Position : Mechanical Package Engineer (3 to 8 yrs)
Reporting to : Manager - Mechanical Package
Location : Chennai - India
Key Competencies :
Qualifications : Bachelor of Engineering (BE / B.TECH) in Mechanical / Chemical from a reputed university with good academic record.
- Working experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Must have handled Skid mounted packages which mainly includes : Chemical Injection Skids and other process packages in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Coordination with cross functional departments in ensuring the all engineering delivered on time.
- Coordination with sub-vendors, clients and other stakeholders, for preparing and getting approval for all engineering deliverables.
- Working experience in plant and package equipment design, Basic and Detail engineering is required.
- Exposure to Saudi Aramco / ADCO / PDO / Shell / ONGC / ADNOC group of company specifications, would be considered an added advantage.
- Exposure to international standards like API / ASME / ASTM / ANSI / HIS / HSE / ISO for pumps, tanks, piping, valves, etc., is essential.
- Familiar with all kinds of equipment, piping, electrical and instrumentation symbols as per IEC and ISA.
- Familiar with SIL, HAZOP, Hazardous area classifications and its requirements is preferred.
- Work experience in handling individual package starting from pre-bid to execution.
Hard Skills :
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity in MS-office.
- Familiarity in SAP would be added advantage.
Key Roles & Responsibilities :
- Develop, review & get client approval of Design Basis, Process design calculation, P&ID as per process requirements for the skid mounted packages.
- Develop, review & get client approval for equipment datasheets, valves and other components datasheets for the skid mounted packages.
- Preparation of other Engineering Deliverables such as Line list, Equipment List, Utility Summary, etc as per project requirement.
- Identify the scope of work, list of engineering documents deliverables and communicate to other supporting departments.
- Relief system design - PSV sizing and rupture disc sizing as per API standards
- Equipment sizing, Line sizing and selection, Pump hydraulic calculations etc.,
- Perform Tank volume calculations and Level sketch.
- Review of complete Package Layout and Interfaces.
- Preparation and review of detailed BOQ for complete package equipment / system.
- Rotating and Static equipment knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Ensure to provide correct design inputs to prepare design documents and resolve issues in a timely manner consistent with project requirements and timelines agreed with clients.
- Preparation / review of purchase specifications for bought out equipment and components.
- Review of sub-vendor technical offers and prepare technical evaluation, provide technical recommendation to procurement department.
- Review and approve the internal design drawings / vendor drawings and other technical documents to ensure compliance with applicable project requirements and especially operational demands considering client requirement.
- Complete preparation and submission of Technical bid documents for package equipment's to sales team.
- Ensure that the work is carried out in a professional and Ethical manner in compliance with applicable contracts, Company policies and relevant laws and regulations.
- Attending all meeting in a project and perform timely design review. (interdepartmental or with clients)
- Lead by example; be prepared to perform all tasks required in the initiation, close and execution of the project.