Mechanical Quality Engineer (0-1 yrs)
Job Description :
General Summary :
- Provide quality engineering service to all areas of the business unit operation, primarily in design/development process, supplied product, manufacturing processes.
- Liase with customer quality assurance representatives for sales order acceptance tests and inspections.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Work with customers on the development of product quality plans.
2. Work with design/development group-input at design reviews, participate in drawing change request reviews
3. Monitoring & conducting process capability - CPk/PPk, SPC, Gage R&R etc
4. Lead Black Belt projects and mentor site Green and Orange Belts
5. Conducting internal audits based on TL9000
6. Co-ordinate first article and product qualification of new and modified products, i.e trial build of product, PTP (Product Transfer Process), PDP (Product Development Process)
7. Coordinate customer inspection - organize product (by sample) for customer verification, prepare reports etc.
8. Participate in returned goods evaluation
9. Support the manufacturing process by :
10. process error prevention methodology such as FMEAs
11. working closely with operations facilitator and process engineer on new process developments
12. Recognize customer expectations and implement (or promote) appropriate procedures/awareness to ensure BU satisfaction.
13. Have ownership for controlling and ensuring root cause analysis and preventive actions are implemented for Customer Notification and Product Notification
14. Participate in Material Review Board - preventive actions.
15. Create and present appropriate quality measures.
16. Liase with customer QA personnel (BSNL) and oversee the preparation and submission of orders requiring testing and inspections
17. Any other relevant job as per management requirement
18. Able to work within teams as an active participating member.
19. Able to work with minimum supervision.
20. Able to manage Customer representatives, often in exacting circumstances and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Other Skills : Development capability product black belt .