Melting Manager - Manufacturing (8-10 yrs)
Work with a prominent Industrial Products trading and manufacturing company.
Our client is a medium-scale manufacturer and supplier mainly dealing with industrial products like Rotors, Propellers, Spools, Valves and other complex design castings. The 4-decade old company had advanced technology with a healthy working environment, capable of developing high-quality intricate castings at affordable rates. Their production is nearly 3000 tons per year.
Their client list includes large companies from industries like Automobile, Hydraulics, Power Generation, Construction and OEMs. Their renowned clients namely Bosch, Cummins, Atlas Copco and MAN, rely on the safe and superior products delivered to them by the organisation.
As a Melting Manager, you will be responsible for production as per the plan and co-ordinating with all departments, as well as Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
What you will do :
- Being responsible for validation of related process and maintaining records during Product development.
- Understanding selection of special characteristics & customer specific.
- Arranging requirements related to the process.
- Setting quality objectives, related training, corrective & preventive actions.
- Selecting opportunities for Improvement and implementation of Actions to meet customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Updating Quality System documents related to process.
- Identifying training needs, providing on line training and monitoring Effectiveness of the training.
- Being responsible for error proofing of the process to avoid chances of non conformities related to Product & process.
- Ensuring effective floor planning and plant lay out to ensure streamlining of material handling and synchronous flow.
- Handling identification and control of product safety related characteristics of product at the point of manufacture.
- Monitoring temporary changes made in the process.
- Implementing display culture
- Monitoring the KPI's.
- Implementing Respect of Product culture.
What you need to have :
- 8 to 10 years experience in similar role.
- Should have excellent knowledge about Gray Iron and Ductile Iron.
- Should have a good knowledge about metallurgy
- Have excellent interpersonal skills along with a strong managerial attitude.
- Have excellent knowledge of Foundry environments.
- Continuous Improvement experience would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety within the workplace.