Assistant Manager HR at Mercados Energy Markets India Pvt Ltd
Views:221 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Mercados Energy - Analyst/Senior Analyst - Power Systems (0-5 yrs)
Job purpose :
- Analyst/ Senior Analyst (Power Systems) will be responsible in the preparation of models and performing power system studies on utility transmission/distribution systems and industrial/commercial electrical power systems. To qualify, the candidate must have experience in the field of power system analysis and research.
- The candidate should have demonstrated prior experience in working with Power Transmission System Planning Software such as PSS- E, Power Factory, MiPower etc. and Power System Planning (Optimization Models).
Required Skills :
- B. Tech / B.E in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- M.Tech / M.S in Power Systems with exposure to Power System Load Flow Analysis/ Power System Optimization Studies would be a plus
- 0-2 years- experience for Analyst
- 2-5 years- experience or Senior Analyst
- Hands-on work experience in Load Flow Studies using software such as PSS- E, PowerFactory, MIPower etc.
- Hands on work experience in Power Systems Planning studies
- Strong modeling skills in PSS/E (any similar load flow studies software)
- Strong data handling skills in Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Exposure to Dispatch Optimization/ Generation Expansion/ Transmission Expansion Planning would be a plus.
- Understanding/ hands-on optimization models/tools such as GAMS/ SDDP/ Plexos/ TIMES- MARKAL would be a plus
- Coding skills in R, Python, Matlab would be a plus
Duties and responsibilities :
- Applications engineering and analytical studies on electrical power systems incorporating power system simulation and load flow analysis through comprehensive network studies in PSS/E for industrial, commercial, institutional and government customers.
- Performing the modeling necessary to conduct power flow and stability studies for transmission planning and analysis in support of business development opportunities and evaluation.
- Providing transmission planning solutions and expertise to clients.
- Using Optimization models to simulate dispatch optimization/ generation expansion planning studies.
- Using GAMS/ similar softwares to develop algorithms for optimization problems.
- Conducting extensive research on various aspects of power and energy systems using various software platforms and providing technical solutions.
- Creating and implementing technical / financial / regulatory concepts related to power and energy Systems.
- Evaluation analysis and preparation of written reports on findings.
- Traveling to client site for field data collection and client review meetings.
- Collaboratively working with other team members to achieve business goals.
- Effectively communicating with stake-holders for the day to day requirements.
Working conditions / Location : The base location would be Patna. However, the applicant should be open to travel within and outside country to manage Projects. He/ She should also be willing to relocate (if required) to other locations within country based on project requirements.
Direct reporting : Analyst/ Senior Analyst - Power Systems will report to Associate Director- Power Systems and Mercados Partners at regular intervals.