Assistant Manager HR at Mercados Energy Markets India Pvt Ltd
Views:401 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Mercados Energy - Senior Analyst/Manager - Energy Demand & Forecasting (5-10 yrs)
Job Title : Sr. Analyst / Manager - Energy Demand & Forecasting
Reports To : L1 - Project Manager; L2 - Associate Director (Power Systems)
Job Purpose :
- To be a key member of the Bihar Energy Portfolio Management team and ensure client satisfaction by successful execution of the assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- To lead the team and interface with clients as a Forecasting expert.
Major responsibilities include :
- Analyze risks and determine hedges associated with trading portfolios.
- Manage the data pipeline which interfaces with data warehouse, power simulation, and front end tableau reports
- Running Dispatch Model
- Perform intensive data analysis of electricity markets and built models to analyze demand growth and market drivers
- Driving the Bihar EPM team towards successful project execution
Background Experience and Qualification :
- 5-10 years experience in the energy sector with primary experience being in electricity demand and forecasting
- Preferably from an energy consulting firm OR IT firm working in energy & utilities vertical.
- Hands-on experience working on R, Python and very good in advanced excel - mandatory
- Strong school academic record - above 80% in both 10th and 12th is mandatory
- B.Tech. in Electrical engineering (mandatory) from IITs/NITs and top Govt. Funded Technical Institutes
- MBA or M.Tech / M.S in Power Systems with exposure to Power System Load Flow Analysis/ Power System Optimization Studies (Preferable)
Industry/Domain Skills Required :
- Good Understanding on Electricity Markets in India
- Basic Understanding of Regulations related to Power Markets, Grid Code, Connectivity, Tariff, etc.
- Good Report writing and Excel Skills (Mandatory)
- Quick learner and interest for developing into power markets
- Good Communication Skills and ability to interact with multiple clients/stakeholders
- Experience in Power Markets, Power Systems, Regulatory or Power Sector Consultancy
Working conditions / Location :
The base location would be Patna (for a minimum period of 2 years).
The applicant should be open to travel within and outside the country to manage Projects. He/ She should also be willing to relocate (if required) to other locations within the country based on project requirements.