Assistant Manager HR at Mercados Energy Markets India Pvt Ltd
Views:647 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Mercados Energy - Weather Specialist - Meteorology (2-5 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team to develop an understanding of needs
- Monitoring of weather parameters and reporting
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes- and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of Weather Specialist would include :
- Analysis and interpretation of weather data/ forecasts from Different sources and prepare reports and forecasts for clients
- Analysis of RADAR and Satellite Data, Disdrometer, MST Radar, AWS data etc.
- Monitoring and managing weather dashboards for clients
- Generating alerts for weather events
- Make presentations for the client for weather briefing/reports
- Employ computer modelling applications to help make long and short range weather predictions
- Help to improve weather and electricity demand forecasting models
- Working closely with energy trading and risk management team to enable optimal decision-making process for day to day trading activities
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
Experience and Qualification :
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in weather forecasting/meteorology.
- Experience in energy / power sector preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology/ Space Sciences, or related discipline.
- Master's degree in Meteorology/ Space Sciences, or related discipline (Preferred)
Required Skills :
- Proficiency with analysis of weather parameters and forecasting techniques
- Good understanding of weather forecasting tools and dashboards
- Understanding of energy/power sector
- Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment, research-oriented team with several ongoing concurrent projects
Working conditions/Location :
- The base location would be Nehru Place, New Delhi. The applicant should be open to travel within and outside country to manage Projects.
- He/ She should also be willing to relocate (if required) to other locations within country based on project requirements.