Assistant Manager HR at Mercados Energy Markets India Pvt Ltd
Views:826 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Mercados Energy - Weather Specialist - Meteorology (2-5 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team to develop an understanding of needs
- Monitoring of weather parameters and reporting
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes- and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of Weather Specialist would include :
- Analysis and interpretation of weather data/ forecasts from Different sources and prepare reports and forecasts for clients
- Analysis of RADAR and Satellite Data, Disdrometer, MST Radar, AWS data etc.
- Monitoring and managing weather dashboards for clients
- Generating alerts for weather events
- Make presentations for the client for weather briefing/reports
- Employ computer modelling applications to help make long and short range weather predictions
- Help to improve weather and electricity demand forecasting models
- Working closely with energy trading and risk management team to enable optimal decision-making process for day to day trading activities
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
Experience and Qualification :
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in weather forecasting/meteorology.
- Experience in energy / power sector preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology/ Space Sciences, or related discipline.
- Master's degree in Meteorology/ Space Sciences, or related discipline (Preferred)
Required Skills :
- Proficiency with analysis of weather parameters and forecasting techniques
- Good understanding of weather forecasting tools and dashboards
- Understanding of energy/power sector
- Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment, research-oriented team with several ongoing concurrent projects
Working conditions/Location :
- The base location would be Nehru Place, New Delhi. The applicant should be open to travel within and outside country to manage Projects.
- He/ She should also be willing to relocate (if required) to other locations within country based on project requirements.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.