Senior Manager Recruitment Operations at Krehsst Recruitment Solutions
Views:368 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Metallurgist - Industrial Product Manufacturing (8-13 yrs)
Job Description :
To provide technical, consultative and developmental support to business unit in the field of metallurgical engineering.This position involves the use of technical expertise to assist new product development programs through use of latest technology, cost reduction programs, application engineering, supplier development efforts, product failure studies and quality assurance programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage relationship with outside metallurgical testing facilities to collect, summarize and communicate metallurgical data to functional groups
- Work with product and industry managers to investigate best materials and latest technology for valve construction, to suit process conditions.
- Review customer and industry specifications to ensure that product is meeting or exceeding those specifications
- Work with product and quality managers to establish root cause and failure modes of product failures due to metallurgical deficiencies or misapplication
- Write clear concise engineering reports documenting metallurgical findings, recommendations and conclusions
- Create material specification documents.
- Work with vendors to reduce scrap and implement best practise processes.
- Produce technical support documents to guide sales in applications of materials.
- Experience with multiple facets of various manufacturing process like castings, forging, machining, sheet metal etc
- Thorough knowledge and experience with national and international material specifications (e.g. ASME, ASTM, EN, ISO, etc) and metallurgical testing process
- General knowledge in welding is desirable
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Metallurgy
PG:M.Tech - Metallurgy
Doctorate:Any Doctorate - Any Specialization, Ph.D
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.