Miko - Sourcing Manager - Electronics (3-5 yrs)
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for sourcing all types of electronic parts that include: PCBA, and all components included in the Bill of material of the PCBA's, as well as but not limited to, power supplies, cables and complex electro/mechanical assemblies. To be performed cost effective, with high quality and in a timely manner to ensure optimum bottom line results.
- Critical understanding and tracking of market trend on his/her commodities. (lead-time changes, Obsolescence)
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment when dealing with critical matters within the Corporate Strategic Sourcing Department.
- Maximizes cash flow as related to purchasing activities, inventory and DPO management.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Establishes and fosters relationships with suppliers to ensure attainment of organization objectives.
- Work in partnership with various engineering teams to develop an approved and qualified supply base, develop strategic partnerships that address our needs, and on an ongoing basis, continuously improve supplier performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e., PM, engineering, quality, logistics, etc.) to continuously improve overall system-level landed cost. Influence engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation.
- Proactively explores new programs for continuous improvements in material and process changes to achieve the best quality, reliability, pricing and delivery from suppliers.
- Collects and formulates supply chain data, advising Director of potential problem areas and making suggestions for corrective action.
- Arranges for sales and/or disposal of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Monthly reporting activities to include, but not limited to, preparation of activity reports, analysis of monthly purchase price variances, cost improvement projects and accurate dollar spend activity.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Purchasing. Master's degree desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in the electronics industry.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of contract manufacturing in the electronic industry.
- Vast experience in semiconductor industry, good relationship with major chip suppliers.
- Experience as commodity buyer of chips to be engaged in new product development, including price negotiation, nomination, and samples supply.
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with a successful record of accomplishments.
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions.
- Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, planning, analytical skills, targets oriented, market awareness and familiarity with MS Office Suite and ERP systems.
- Individual should be highly motivated and committed to professional standards and performance.
- 30% travel will be required for this role and some of it will be International (if required).