HR at Goodmans International
Views:291 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
MSS Electrical Engineer (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
All the candidates must have steel industry background.
Candidates must have a integrated Steel Plant experience for the above posts must have good command over written Spoken English with the required Experience as specified Computer awareness is a must relevant programs to the post are desirable. Besides Emirates Steel.
Job Title : MSS Electrical Engineer
Position Title : Engineer
Department & Section : E & AM
Direct Manager : Head of Main Sub Station
Working Relationships (internal):
- Head of E&A-Main Substation (Reports all maintenance matters related to the section and obtains policy guidelines and instructions).
- E&A subordinates in Main Substation (Regular contact with all related engineers, supervisors and technicians to review maintenance records, discuss maintenance plans, deliver proper guidance and discuss various issues related to the section in line with company policies).
- ESI Projects (Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions).
Working Relationships (external)
- Maintenances contractors (Genfocus for HT services, Siemens for E&A systems etc.)
- Various E&A Systems suppliers (Siemens, ABB, Danieli)
- Mill Builder (Danieli, SMS)
Responsible for acting as the project engineer for projects and to review and approve detail design of 220KV substations to include one-line diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, writing of substation equipment specifications, construction cost estimates and project scheduling. Also to lead the day shift electrical maintenance team to ensure smooth
operation of Main Substation equipment by execution of scheduled preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and major repair activities as well as trouble shooting during unscheduled breakdown of all related equipment and facilities for 220KV Main Substation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountability) :
- Project participation: Review and approve detail design of medium to extra high voltage utility substations to include one-line diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing,substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, writing of substation equipment specifications, construction cost estimates and project scheduling.
- Work Planning: Review daily electrical maintenance work orders and classify them into corrective or preventive maintenance categories so that work plan can be drawn up.
- Prioritizing and Planning: Study all electrical maintenance requests and prioritizes them in order of importance so as to prepare daily plans and ensure that plant utilization is maximized.
- Analysis and Reporting: Prepare daily management reports based upon analysis of previous days activities so that action plans can be developed to address line stoppage and fault analysis issues and hence improve maintenance service to internal customers.
- Spare parts management: Ensure proper spare parts management. Conduct periodical spare parts audits and update availability in line with budgetary guidelines.
- Job Inputting: Ensure that job details are correctly completed and entered onto maintenance systems to ensure that accurate performance trends can be identified and electrical maintenance jobs are handled in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving: Personally provide technical input and hands-on skills to the resolution of major maintenance problems so that line down time is minimized and direct reports advance their technical understanding.
- Performance Review: Review outstanding jobs and trend analyses on a weekly basis to address underlying reasons for service non-compliance and put in place appropriate action plans to effect correction.
- Budgeting: Prepare data and reports to input into the annual budgeting process so that the company is aware of its likely costs in the Electrical Maintenance activities.
- Team supervision: Guide, monitor and train own team so that the employees have the appropriate.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Plant cleanliness: Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Plant expansions: Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Others: Drive start up effort at the facility; therefore, participate in staffing effort, lead spare part procurement effort, lead maintenance training effort, identify/secure critical supply and service agreements, lead the maintenance group during checkout and commissioning of the facility, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities (attributes) required :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- In-depth knowledge of EHV, HV AND LV specifications and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of design and maintenance of EHV, HV AND LV equipments.
- In-depth knowledge of EHV, HV AND LV equipments and their protection settings pertaining to Steel plants.
- Experience with design and maintenance of 220KV Electrical substation equipments.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP, and instruct others on its operation.
Minimum Education Qualifications (Must Haves)
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Any preferred professional training (Nice to have)
- Trained on EHV, HV and LV equipments pertaining to Electrical Substation.
- Trained on SVC systems
Professional Experience (Must haves)
- In excess of 12 years Electrical design and maintenance experience in EHV substation including 5years as Sr. Engineer in an 220kV Substation of a steel plant.
Previous Experience/exposure Recommendations (Nice to have)
- Working experience in any of the Middle-east countries (familiar with rules and regulations,climatic conditions)
- Preferred to have Transco (UAE) competency certification.
- Health & Safety compliance systems experience.
- Achieving Results: Makes Improvements: Challenges self to do something better than last time
- Customer Service: Adds value to the customer: Surprises and pleases the customer by going the "Extra mile" in providing the service
- Initiative: Is decisive in a crisis Takes decisions in a crisis in a timely way
- Integrity: Delivers on promises: Acts Consistently
- Commercial Awareness: Asks Questions: Does or commissions research to get a full picture
- Complex Thinking: Undertakes a complex analysis: Considers multiple possible causes and effects
- Openness to Change: Is prepared to try new approaches: Gives new ideas and methods a go
- Change Leadership: Manages Meetings: Gets people contributing
- Holding People Accountable: Gives Clear instructions: Checks understanding
- Influencing: Uses more than one way to persuade: If one line of argument does not succeed in persuading someone, tries another
- Partnering & Teamwork: Offers Help: Takes the initiative to offer when help needed.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Iron and Steel
Key skills :
MSS Electrical Engineer mss mechanical engineer mss diploma mechanical EHV
Desired Candidate Profile
- Candidates applying must indicate the position applied for Review .
- Clearly mention current contact email details for further correspondence which is important. Preferred experience essential in MODERN STEEL PLANTS
Contact Helpline:+91-9820020511 / +91-9920017363
Between 10.00 hrs. to 18.00 hrs.
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Electrical
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization, Electrical
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.