HR Manager at Nestlé Foods
Views:174 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Nestle - Manager - Safety/Health & Environmental (3-10 yrs)
- Fantastic Opportunity currently exists for a Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) Manager to lead the Safety team in our Regional Factory. This role will inspire and empower excellence in safety, health and environmental sustainability across the site. Will Develop the Site SH&E OMP and drive its implementation through application of the Nestl- S&H Management System (NSMS) and Nestl- Environmental Management System (NEMS). As a SH&E Manager, you will be responsible for championing the SH&E function for a manufacturing facility in our regional site. The SH&E Manager is a key member of the Site Leadership Team and has a primary objective to protect and improve the safety of our employees and our site environmental sustainability through prevention, encouraging a culture of caring where safety, health and environmental sustainability are ingrained as a core value. At Nestl-, we believe in the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone. Guided by this purpose, we constantly aim to push the boundaries of what's possible with food, beverages, and nutritional health solutions. Our people make this possible. They are behind the strength of our brands, the quality of our products and the future of our business. Their ideas and efforts push our boundaries, drive innovation and help us to continually improve, deliver and succeed. You also become part of a Nestl- culture that is rooted in respect, empowered to experiment and to learn from failure. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities, We look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
Key Responsibilities :
- Site SH&E Culture : Actively participates on Site Leadership Team and effectively leads, coaches, and develops managers and line leaders across all functions to be effective SH&E leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
- SH&E Performance : Partners with Site leadership team to develop Site SH&E key priorities, drivers, and activities with key performance indicators to drive Site SH&E performance improvement.
- Compliance : Ensure sites maintain continuous - audit ready- state of compliance with company SH&E policies and procedures as well as all applicable external regulatory requirements.
- SH&E Strategies, Programs and Plans : Develops SH&E best-in-class programs, systems, and processes, including training and mentoring to establish clear procedures on SH&E measures and precautions.
- Risk Assessment and Elimination : Leads the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes to ensure these are effective at identifying and mitigating hazards and are effectively communicated and understood by all affected employees.
- Ensures investigation of all SH&E-related incidents tools to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence.
- EH&S Capability Building : Develops site SH&E talent through active support, coaching and feedback with the goal of developing talent that can move on to more challenging positions.
- Liaison and technical expertise support : Provides technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function.
- Create a compelling understanding of the Nestl- SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream).
- Develop a holistic strategy and implementation plan, aligned with Market priorities & objectives, and with the overall site Operational Master Plan (OMP).
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to managers and team leaders to help them take ownership, and lead & manage SH&E within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement.
- Engage with external stakeholders (eg trades unions, local regulators, local communities, and local NGOs) on SH&E topics to build long term, positive relationships.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a scientific, engineering subject area or Safety Health & Environmental related field.
- A formal qualification in Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) or Environment.
- 3+ years of experience in SH&E lead roles within a manufacturing or production environment.
- SHE management experience, including management systems, risk assessment & accident / incident investigation in a manufacturing environment.
- Developed capability to understand & influence behaviour in a Manufacturing context.
- Developed knowledge of local legislation & industry codes.
- Take ownership of SH&E and drove change through personal leadership.
- Analyzed complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
- Translated policies & standards into practical action plans. Coached individuals and teams in different environments.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage your time.
- Proficiency with Windows-based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master other specialized software.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated regulatory and technical issues in lay terms.
- Strong demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
- Capacity to think both strategically and tactically and quickly flow across the two.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills.
- Exhibit the ability to build strong cross-functional teams capable of delivering desired results.