Officer/Senior Officer - Purchase (2-6 yrs)
Education : Graduate preferably PG Dip in Materials Mgmt.
Designation : Officer/Senior Officer/Executive - Purchase RM based on experience
Work location : Mumbai
Only Mumbai candidates preferred
- SAP Exposure
- Chemical, Paints, FMCG
- Procurement of local as well as Import purchase of Extenders, Driers, Zinc, Additives, Biocides, special chemicals and Pigments for all KNPL plants and outside processing centers across India.
- Major considerations: cost reduction and optimizing inventory as per seasonal requirements. Total RM's more than 300, total suppliers more than 150.
- New supplier development and new product development for my category of materials, visiting key suppliers, suppliers audits for new developments, calculations and communication of supplier performance ratings.
- Supplier Portal: In charge of KNPL supplier portal initiative for improved supply chain drive. Incorporating new developments and training to suppliers. Handling of day to day activities of supplier portal.
- System Improvements: SAP Improvements and suggestions for RFQ through supplier portal as a link between SAP and Supplier-Buyer. Participation in Kaizen drive. Ariba Auctions for Dries and chromes.
- Knowledge Management Champion for supplier database and its maintenance for purchase department.
- Accurately prepare purchase / sale order in SAP.
- Preparing Import and local Cost Sheet and maintain the same in SAP system.
- Analyze equivalent replacements for obsolete material with proper approval from technical dept.
- Prepare RFQ and ensured availability of all necessary details required for pricing.
- Coordinating with CHA for clearance of material from port to plant.
- Float enquiries based upon the PRs generated in the system.
- Prepare Comparative statements based upon the offers received & assist manager in rate finalization by providing necessary data.
- Convert PRs into POs based upon the finalised vendor.
- Ensure material delivery on schedule through proper follow-up & coordination.
- To intervene in case of any vendor issues viz. rejection / payment etc.
- Identify & develop new vendors for improved effectiveness of cost/quality/delivery.
- Co-ordinate with plant personnel to resolve the issue in PO, supplies etc.
- Prepare regular MIS reports for control purposes
- Ensure strict implementation of policy/ procedural guidelines.
- To obtain CAPA from suppliers in case of rejections.
- To work jointly with vendor, technical & QA in case of continuous rejections or new vendor / material development
- To ensure share of business as per the guidelines & approval by respective authorities.
- To ensure that necessary documentation viz. ISO certificates is updated from time to time.
- To maintain optimum inventory as per the guidelines from manager.
- To ensure compliance with relevant laws.
- To ensure proper filing of documents for imported items.