Ola Electric - Design Team Lead - Mechanical Design - Scooters (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
Job Title : Mechanical Engineering Design Team Lead.
Department / Group : Mechanical Engineering
Location : Bangalore
About Us :
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric; India's largest fleet management business, Ola Fleet Technologies and Ola Skilling, that aims to enable millions of livelihood opportunities for India's youth. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India's largest network of kitchens under its Food business.
Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media.
The Design Team Lead will be responsible for heading a team of 8-12 mechanical design engineers to deliver an electric vehicle platform that will disrupt the current mobility landscape in India. The team will take end to end responsibility of the product, from concept initiation into series production. A variety of models will be developed on the core platforms to give maximum scale and coverage to Ola's BaaS (battery as a service) national network, with scope for export to global markets.
- Each of multiple teams will specialize in one vehicle architecture (3W / Scooter / Motorcycle). The team will be working closely with the product planning and marketing departments to develop a vehicle specification that meets the company requirements for cost, quality and program timing.
- Team will be responsible for integrating the battery and power train systems, and will be fully responsible for the layout and design of mechanical systems, bodywork and lighting components.
- The design team will work closely with the styling, functional development and validation teams to ensure vehicles are meeting styling and performance criteria.
- Teams will be responsible for working with Quality and purchasing to ensure suppliers capabilities and design requirements are compatible to ensure the vehicle can maintain the product targets in sustained production.
- Teams will support the quality department with any warranty investigation and design improvements throughout the life of the platform model.
- The Design Team Lead will report to the Senior Direct Mechanical Engineering. As an Individual the leader is expected to motivate and organize their team. The Design Team Lead will be responsible for the development and output of their team.
- At various stages of the project, teams may be required interact with styling and engineering design houses, both within India and overseas.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for approval of all the drawings calclualtion and specifciatiosn produced by his team, under the guidance of the Engineering director.
- Lead a team of 8-12 mechanical engineers
- Conduct annual performance review
- Identify trainings, and coach individual team members to ensure continuous development.
- Motivate team to deliver to company targets.
- To provide a positive example of energy and commitment to Ola's objectives.
- Support product definition and guide team in early concept development, with a focus on achievable innovation.
- Make regular and detailed review of the teams engineering concepts to ensure that all engineering principles and calculations are rigorously applied.
- Support productionisation with face to face contact with vendor base.
- Support resource planning and budgeting for vehicle projects.
- Work with Validation departments to define robust validation plans that satisfy DFMEA requirements.
- Support Seniors in making sustainable processes and documentation to establish Ola Electric Mobility as a vehicle OEM.
- Design Team Lead is to ensure robust and professional documentation and reporting of the design process.
- To contribute to best practice documentation.
Experience & Skills :
- Leadership qualities and experience leading an engineering team.
- 10 years plus of domain knowledge (either 2W or 3W mechanical engineering design / layout)
- Knowledge of project management processes
- EV experience is an advantage.
- Bachelor in a Mechanical engineering discipline from IIT or similarly prominent establishment.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.