Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at OLA
Views:324 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
OLA Electric - Manager/Senior Manager Engineering - EV Powertrain Controls (4-10 yrs)
EV powertrain controls (VCU) Engineer/Manager/Sr. Manager - OLA Electric
About to Company :
- Ola is Indias largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
- Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric; India's largest fleet management business, Ola Fleet Technologies and Ola Skilling, that aims to enable millions of livelihood opportunities for India's youth.
- With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through Indias largest network of kitchens under its Food business. Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media.
- Our goal as Ola Electric, is to enable and maximize the number of electric kms delivered through our ecosystem of products and services. We start with India but our ambitions are global.
- E-Rickshaws provide a unique opportunity to build out our charging infrastructure. E-ricks deliver over 50 million kms of electric mobility in India everyday - no other form factor comes close. As such, our near term goal is to launch a swapping network that serves a disproportionate share of e-rickshaw market (100,000 in 2 years)
That said, we are building our batteries and charging infrastructure in a way that it can serve all sorts of electric vehicles tomorrow including 2Ws, our own 3W and potentially small 4Ws
Job Summary : Responsible for the development of Vehicle control algorithms (Powertrain Controls) and calibrations for electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Develop control algorithms and various control strategies for an electric vehicle using model-based methods.
2. Perform simulation and analysis of electric vehicle powertrain components.
3. Plan and perform vehicle control algorithm development, testing/verification on dynamometer facility, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) or software-in-the-loop (SIL) systems.
4. Work as part of a fast-paced, diverse team of professionals supporting component development and subsystem and vehicle integration.
5. Help and support other group and engineers to solve the technical issues in the process of control system development, testing and vehicle integration.
6. Contribute ideas in a collaborative, supportive team environment.
7. Ability to understand requirements and translate them into suitable solution architecture.
Required Experience & Skills :
1. Experience in Vehicle powertrain controls field.
2. Experience in vehicle controls (Powertrain Control functions) :
- Determination & management of various torque requests.
- Vehicle start-up sequencing.
- Torque management during various failure conditions like, CAN, Temperature sensor, Encoder/Resolver, Cooling system failure, PRNDL failure, etc.
- Torque management during regenerative braking.
- Torque management during ABS intervention.
- Torque management to control high cell or low cell voltage conditions.
- Hill Assist controls
- Torque management during drive faults.
- Throttle redundancy
- Brake redundancy
- Efficient power management strategies.
- Downhill brake controls.
3. Experience in Model-based design and tools like Matlab/Simulink/State flow, d-SPACE.
4. Designing and optimizing software components and control algorithms to achieve required efficiency targets on a long term basis.
5. Knowledge in Feedback control theory, optimal controller design, observer/estimation techniques, stability analysis and linearization techniques.
6. Proficiency with SIL, MIL, PIL, HIL methodologies.
7. Experience in detailed analysis, feasibility studies, performance analysis and prototyping, use of different protocol analyzer tools.
8. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
9. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
10. Creating and maintaining documentation for the software, including any relevant approvals and compliance requirements.
11. Experience in Digital Signal Processors covering Sample and Hold registers, Analog to Digital Converters (ADC).
12. Experience in embedded software development in C, C++.
13. Communication protocols - UART, I2C, SPI.
14. Hardware and software debugging skills.
15. ISO 26262.
Qualifications : ME/ M.Tech /Ph.D. in Power Electronics & Motor Drives/Control Engineering/Mechatronics