Ola Electric - Senior Engineer - Suspension/Front Wheel (6-10 yrs)
About Us :
Ola is India's largest mobility platform and one of the world's largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
Ola's core mobility offering in India is supplemented by its electric-vehicle arm, Ola Electric; India's largest fleet management business, Ola Fleet Technologies and Ola Skilling, that aims to enable millions of livelihood opportunities for India's youth. With its acquisition of Ridlr, India's leading public transportation app and investment in Vogo, a dockless scooter sharing solution, Ola is looking to build mobility for the next billion Indians. Ola also extends its consumer offerings like micro-insurance and credit led payments through Ola Financial Services and a range of owned food brands through India's largest network of kitchens under its Food business.
Ola was founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media. .
- The Senior Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) will be responsible for delivering major chassis or body systems as part of an electric vehicle platform that will disrupt the current mobility landscape in India. The Senior Engineer will take end to end responsibility of their component and system area, from concept initiation into series production.
- The Senior Engineer will be an integral part of one of multiple engineering teams that will specialize in one vehicle architecture (3W / Scooter / Motorcycle). The team will be working closely with the product planning and marketing departments to develop a vehicle specification that meets the company requirements for cost, quality and program timing.
- The senior engineer will be expected to bring domain specific knowledge of design in one of the following areas in either 2W/3W or light weight commercial vehicles: Brake systems, suspension systems, chassis structures, plastic bodywork, sheet-metal bodywork, lighting, seating, or vehicle integration.
- The Senior Engineer will work closely with the styling, functional development and validation teams, to ensure components and systems are contributing towards the vehicle meeting the styling and performance criteria.
- The Senior Engineer will work closely with Quality and Purchasing departments to ensure suppliers capabilities and design requirements are compatible, to ensure the product targets can be maintained in production.
- The Senior Engineer will support the Quality department with any warranty investigation and design improvements throughout the life of the platform model.
- The Senior Engineer will report to their Design Team Leader. Although the Senior Engineer will have no direct reportees, they are expected to assist their more junior colleagues, through coaching and guidance. Senior Engineers may be required to prioritize and manage the workload of more junior team members and 3rd party contract workers.
- At various stages of the project a senior engineer may be the lead person for coordinating off-site work with styling and engineering design houses, both within India and overseas.
- The Senior Engineer will work within a team of 8-12 mechanical engineers.
- As a Senior team member, the Senior Engineer is expected to support the Team Lead with delegated activities pertaining to people and project management where required.
- The Senior Engineer is required to coach and develop his less experienced colleagues.
- A Senior Engineer is not only judged on their own motivation and contribution, but also the positive effect that they have in their immediate colleagues within the team.
- The Senior Engineer will be responsible for concept development, with a focus on achievable innovation, within the scope of their system area.
- The Senior Engineer is responsible for breaking vehicle specifications and requirements down to component and system level specifications.
- The Senior Engineer is to conduct their work in a manner that ensures all engineering principles and calculations are rigorously applied.
- The Senior Engineer is to support productionisation which will require face to face contact with the vendor base.
- The Senior Engineer is to work with the validation department to define robust validation plans that satisfy DFMEA requirements for their systems and component areas.
- The Senior Engineer will support his Seniors in making sustainable processes and documentation standards,to establish Ola Electric Mobility as a vehicle OEM.
- The Senior Engineer is to ensure their work is documented and reported in a robust and professional manner.
Experience & Skills :
- Experienced design engineer, working for an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- 6 years plus of domain knowledge (either 2W or 3W mechanical engineering design / layout)
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Familiarity with international drafting standards and GD&T
- CAD proficiency is an advantage.
- EV experience is an advantage.
- Bachelor in a Mechanical engineering discipline from IIT or similarly prominent establishment.
- Automotive; Chassis or Body ; Motorcycle or 3 Wheeler; Any of the specialisms shown below:
- Plastic moulding design
- Steel fabrications
- Brake systems
- Suspension systems
- Automotive lighting
- Automotive seating
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.