Olectra - COO/President - Fleet Operations (20-25 yrs)
B.Tech / M.Tech with MBA of 18 to 25 Years of Experience in operations, who have managed to operate large size of bus fleet including overall knowledge of Fleet Operations, Depot Management, P & L and commercial parts of the Business.
Core functional strengths / Areas of Expertise :
- Fleet Management ( Large size of Buses)
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Statutory Compliance
- Driver & Routing
- Geographical knowledge of areas in India
- Vendor & Contract Negotiations
- EOSH - Safety Management
- Transport Operations & Administration
- Revenue Forecasting
- SLA Compliance
- Customer Service
- Project Implementation
- Team Leadership
Fleet Management :
- Proficient in managing fleet / Transport operations & Maintenance in the Country / Region / BUs in compliance to SLA and other contractual parameters.
- Adroit in negotiating with STU's & Bus Operators /leasing companies for finalizing service terms & conditions and prices based on market dynamics.
- Adept at ensuring compliance to various statutory regulations pertaining to day to day fleet operations; implementing fleet safety and EOHS for the department as well as managing legal issues related to the company fleet and drivers/associates
- Skilled in working on emerging technologies in the TMS/FMS application development, GPS/IOT based, integrated with ERP aimed at efficient Transport management.
- Proven ability in end to end management of projects related to implementing ERP for enhancing operational efficiency and business profitability.
- Highly organized, disciplined and task focused with fine-tuned analytical, troubleshooting and administrative skills. Personality traits include decision making ability and capacity to delivery under pressure
- Designing & Implementing the Intelligent Transport Systems ( ITS) advanced usage of GPS, google map support and mobile application and tracking technologies.
- Involved in Negotiations with 3 PL transport vendors for Operators & STU's
Depot Management :
- Maintaining serviceability of fleet to accomplish availability of fleet as per operational requirement
- Evolved with defect analyzation and maintained quality repair of vehicles
- Finagled with sales department to handover good conditioned vehicles and maintained log records of repairs. Involved in development of workshop tools, handling servicing garage equipment, repair and maintenance of Buses.
- Resolving the issues arising with local authorities and transport authorities for hassle free road operations
- Enforced strict compliance on vehicle permit renewals, driving license renewals before conducting operations
- Productively designing and implementation of seamless movement of Buses to all GCC destinations.
- Maintaining organizational P&L by finalizing distribution & transport operations & maintenance budget for logistics & fleet department.
- Partnering with sales operations & finance departments in defining & implementing annual fleet operating plans based on changing market dynamics and other related factors.
- Enhancing client satisfaction by effectively resolving issues and rendering superior quality service.
- Enhancing operational efficiency by designing fleet organization structure, competency mapping, developing career progression plan, defining job description, roles and responsibilities & Key deliverable s.
- Recruitment, grooming & mentoring team members as well as organizing training sessions based on identified skill gaps and business requirements.
- Procurement, deployment and phasing out of fleet based on AOP.
- Developing IS/IT team in maintaining seamless operations and maintaining SAP HANA tools.
- Evaluation & standardization of fleet encompassing planning, procurement, leasing of existing fleet based on business requirements.
- Designing & Implementing new fleet based on transportation modes, product range and demographic requirements.
- Developing of Depot Operations to cater to exigent situations.
- Managing day to day activities at the workshop aimed at cost optimization and enhancing asset up time by guiding team members in ensuring compliance to OTM and process flow.
Reporting & Compliance Management :
- organizational policies & procedures as well as other statutory regulations for implementing the same in day to day business transactions.
- Maintaining Relations with the Road Transport Authority and Municipality for securing necessary permit and certificate pertaining to the fleet.
- Implementation & compliance to company Health and Safety policy in transport department to eliminate potential operational hazards.
- Maintaining Relations with internal & external stakeholders in ensuring compliance to client SLA and other contractual parameters pertaining to day to day operations.
- Highlighted critical technical issues and other operational issues with potential business & revenue impact to the senior management for implementing effective remedial measures.
- Updating the business status to the Board and other stakeholders using detailed reports and presentations to enable effective decision making.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION & MIS :
- Conversant with procedures for new business set up--- licensing, MoU, MoA, registration procedure, admin set up, operational setting up, lease rentals, security, statutory requirements for making it operational.
- Implemented effective team building and managed Operations 24X7 in 3 shifts, team activities, scheduling, work assignments in a cost-effective manner, waste reduction.
- Addressing compliance and grievances related to customers, vendors/ authorities within scope of company and managed Govt relations.
- Directed White collars and Blue collars with SMART (Specific, measurable, Achievable, results focused, and time bound) operations.
- Developing various MIS trackers for enhanced visibility and transparent monitoring of operations,
- Inventory planning and maintaining 100% accountability.