Olectra - Vice President - Fleet Operations/Bus Operations (18-25 yrs)
B.Tech / M.Tech with MBA with 18 to 25 Years of Experience that who have managed to operate large size of bus fleet including overall knowledge of Maintenance of the Equipment's and he should have reasonable knowledge on commercial parts of the Business.
Core functional strengths / Areas of Expertise
- Fleet Management
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Inventory & Spares Management
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Statutory Compliance
- Vendor & Contract Negotiations
- EOSH - Safety Management
- Transport Operations & Administration
- Revenue Forecasting
- SLA Compliance
- Customer Service
- Project Implementation
- Team Leadership
- Proficient in managing fleet / Transport operations & Maintenance in the Country / Region / BUs in compliance to SLA and other contractual parameters.
- Adroit in negotiating with STU's & Bus Operators /leasing companies for finalizing service terms & conditions and prices based on market dynamics.
- Adept at ensuring compliance to various statutory regulations pertaining to day to day fleet operations; implementing fleet safety and EOHS for the department as well as managing legal issues related to the company fleet and drivers/associates
- Skilled in working on emerging technologies in the TMS/FMS application development, GPS/IOT based, integrated with ERP aimed at efficient Transport management.
- Proven ability in end to end management of projects related to implementing ERP for enhancing operational efficiency and business profitability.
- Highly organized, disciplined and task focused with fine-tuned analytical, troubleshooting and administrative skills. Personality traits include decision making ability and capacity to delivery under pressure
- Designing & Implementing the Intelligent Transport Systems ( ITS) advanced usage of GPS, google map support and mobile application and tracking technologies.
- Involved in Negotiations with 3 PL transport vendors for Operators & STU's
Workshop Management :
- Maintaining serviceability of fleet to accomplish availability of fleet as per operational requirement
- Evolved with defect analyzation and maintained quality repair of vehicles
- Finagled with sales department to handover good conditioned vehicles and maintained log records of repairs. Involved in development of workshop tools, handling servicing garage equipment, repair and maintenance of Buses.
- Regulated work force on Job card completion, maintaining work records and handled front office
- Resolving the issues arising with local authorities and transport authorities for hassle free road operations
- Enforced strict compliance on vehicle permit renewals, driving license renewals before conducting operations
- Productively designing and implementation of seamless movement of Buses to all GCC destinations.
- Maintaining organizational P&L by finalizing distribution & transport operations & maintenance budget for logistics & fleet department.
- Partnering with sales operations & finance departments in defining & implementing annual fleet operating plans based on changing market dynamics and other related factors.
- Enhancing client satisfaction by effectively resolving issues and rendering superior quality service.
- Enhancing operational efficiency by designing fleet organization structure, competency mapping, developing career progression plan, defining job description, roles and responsibilities & Key deliverable s.
- recruitment, grooming & mentoring team members as well as organizing training sessions based on identified skill gaps and business requirements.
Logistics & Procurement
- Procurement, deployment and phasing out of fleet based on AOP.
- Developing IS/IT team in maintaining seamless operations and maintaining SAP HANA tools.
- Evaluation & standardization of fleet encompassing planning, procurement, leasing of existing fleet based on business requirements.
- Designing & Implementing new fleet based on transportation modes, product range and demographic requirements.
- Developing Depot Operations to cater to exigent situations.
- Managing day to day activities at the workshop aimed at cost optimization and enhancing asset uptime by guiding team members in ensuring compliance to OTM and process flow.
Reporting & Compliance Management
- organizational policies & procedures as well as other statutory regulations for implementing the same in day to day business transactions.
- Maintaining Relations with the Road Transport Authority and Municipality for securing necessary permit and certificate pertaining to the fleet.
- Implementation & compliance to company Health and Safety policy in transport department to eliminate potential operational hazards.
- Maintaining Relations with internal & external stakeholders in ensuring compliance to client SLA and other contractual parameters pertaining to day to day operations.
- Highlighted critical technical issues and other operational issues with potential business & revenue impact to the senior management for implementing effective remedial measures.
- Updating the business status to the Board and other stakeholders using detailed reports and presentations to enable effective decision making.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION & MIS:
- Conversant with procedures for new business set up--- licensing, MoU, MoA, registration procedure, admin set up, operational setting up, lease rentals, security, statutory requirements for making it operational.
- Implemented effective team building and managed Operations 24X7in 3 shifts, team activities, scheduling, work assignments in a cost-effective manner, waste reduction.
- Addressing compliance and grievances related to customers, vendors/ authorities within scope of company and managed Govt relations.
- Directed White collars and Blue collars with SMART (Specific, measurable, Achievable, results focused, and time bound) operations.
- Developing various MIS trackers for enhanced visibility and transparent monitoring of operations,
- Inventory planning and maintaining 100% accountability.