Olectra - Vice President - Technical Operations - Automotive Bus (25-30 yrs)
Vice president - Technical Operations - Automotive (Bus Manufacturing Companies Preferred )
- Managed all manufacturing and plant operations activities including production planning, product development, localization, facility, tooling, SCM, QC, maintenance, HR, compliance, costing, and contract negotiations and administration.
- Specialize in leveraging traditional and modern manufacturing, engineering and technology tools to set up Greenfield projects, improve capacity and manpower utilization, productivity and operations, and reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards. .
Job Responsibilities :
Core Competencies :
Production Management :
- Managing production activities right from the conceptualization stage to the execution with a team of members; involving finalization of technical specifications, scheduling, progress monitoring, manpower planning, etc.
- Developing new process concepts for production optimization, yield improvement and developing guidelines for the sequencing of manufacturing activities.
- Appraising the prevalent production systems/ processes, identifying loopholes if any and undertaking result-oriented measures for alleviating them and documenting the same.
Production Planning & Control :
- Extensive experience in planning & controlling of complete project budget.
- Monitoring project operations with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs, quality compliance and manpower planning to ensure timely execution of projects.
Process & Facility Enhancements :
- Identifying scope for :
a. Planning / implementing technological changes to enhance efficiency.
b. Modifications in equipment, process flow, working practices, consumables, etc. for controlling & reducing conversion cost per unit produced.
- Implementing various techniques for cycle time / cost reduction, entailing identification of opportunities, analysis of data, conducting tests, cost benefit analysis and implementation.
Quality Management :
- Taking stringent quality measures including preparation of necessary documents to ensure compliance with above standards & customer requirements.
- Maintaining quality level as per targets given by the customers and targets given in the business plan; appraising the prevalent production systems/ processes, identifying loopholes if any and undertaking result-oriented measures for alleviating them and documenting the same.
- Ensuring adherence to the quality standards such as ISO 9000 & TS; overseeing implementation of various stages of workflow using quality tools.
Human Resources Management :
- Leadership with target setting and delegation, selection, qualification and further development of employees. Checking effectiveness, in order to develop and balance out potentials and promote individual competence and achieve department and company targets.
Product Design & NPD / Project Management :
- Product design & Project management professional with strong roots in all facets of Engineering and new product development.
- Dedicated, resourceful, techno-commercial and innovative
Strategic Responsibilities :
- Plan optimum use of available production facilities/ circuits to ensure on time delivery of products.
- Ensure effective utilization of manpower, utility, raw materials etc.
- Ensure proper upkeep of- Plant machinery and effective running of environmental measures
- Provide assistance to Plant head for maintenance safe and efficient operations with respect to- Unit operation of distillation,
- Ensure safety & high productivity at the workplace
- Facilitate initiatives for training need identification and building requisite skills & competencies through systematic training & skill-up-gradation initiatives for the team.
- Recognize & reward excellent performers & affirm key contributions of employees toward the achievement of goals & objectives of the team Inspire & motivate employees through demonstrated commitment.
- Vision & mission and active participation in various team engagement activities Education
- Responsible for Delivering Quality product in the Marketplace.
- Responsible for overall plant cost & Profitability.
- To Maintain and follow the inventory norms for RM/ PM, Engineering & Finished goods.
Functional Competencies :
- Ability to solve technical issues Ability to take responsibility to run formulation plant independently Behavioral Competencies Communication People
Management Skills :
- Handle Pressure Interaction Complexity and Team Work Interaction
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Full time B.E / B.Tech / MBA / MTech with 25 to 30 Years of Experience & Exposure to ISO systems, production, utility, cost saving activities, safety, manufacturing, process safety, R & D, shift planning, team work, maintenance and training skills in Automotive Bus manufacturing Companies Preferred.
Location : Bangalore / Chennai