Executive Director at Onassis Auto Ltd.
Views:259 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Onassis Auto - Maintenance Head - Automotive (10-15 yrs)
Basic Description :
- Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing materials and goods run to their maximum efficiency and output.
- This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical (machinery & tools), electrical and robotic equipment (including software programming). Includes people management and budgetary/cost reporting.
- Lead the Maintenance Department with a team under you, Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction, and manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes. Carrying end to end CNC machine knowledge.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
- Effectively manage any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure the smooth operation of the site
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spent combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems, Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and the demand for needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
Financial and Budget Control :
- Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital
- Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
Relationship Management :
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve the operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
Qualifications and Experience Levels :
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred
- End to end knowledge of CNC and VMC machines (electrical and mechanical)
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven man-management experience
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ electronic discipline
- Technical capability and understanding
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), lean manufacturing
- Experience of managing Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
- Understanding of relevant certifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office