Optical Engineer (10-16 yrs)
Job Title : Optical Engineer
Location : M.G Road, Bangalore
Qualifications: Degree in Optical Engineering preferred, but other engineering or scientific degrees with both experience and record of performance considered
Employment Type : Full Time
Experience Level : 10+ Years
Primary Role :
1. Conceive and analyse optical components/design for new and modified Scheme. Compare design trade-offs with manufacturability, cost, mass, and key performance metrics.
2. Develop procedures that will enable manufacturing and testing of the designed systems.
3. Interface with mechanical and electrical specialists to complete systems modelling, analysis and methods of performance verification.
4. Provide quantitative interpretation and analysis, modelling, and software-based solutions to solve problems, enhance operations and advance capability.
5. Elevate the capability of the organization as a whole through training and mentoring other employees.
6. Prepare and review white papers, test plans, acceptance test procedures (ATPs), and first article test procedures (FATPs)
7. Prepare publications that can be presented at strategic symposiums and conferences that will promote the capabilities of the company.
8. Participate in the decision process for technology / equipment selection
9. Calibration of IM, PM, VOA etc., active and passive optical element.
10. Theoretical analysis of various existing QKD and QRNG scheme for fibre as well as free space communication
Experience Required :
- Proficient with Optical Design Software and methods of optical design & analysis