Senior Consultant at Nore Consultancy
Views:189 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Optical Engineer - Semiconductor (1-9 yrs)
Skills and Qualifications :
- Understanding of optics and opto-electronic devices fundamentals and an ability to clearly convey an understanding to others.
- Extensive domain knowledge in opto-mechanical design, designs of complex systems, and automation engineering in the areas of automated test equipment, semiconductor capital equipment and optical and vision systems development.
- Hands on laboratory experience with optical components and lenses, cameras, lasers, LEDs, multilayer coatings, illumination and imaging optics.
- Strong knowledge in Physical optics, Fourier optics and geometrical optics design.
- Working understanding of optical manufacturing techniques. Ability to interpret measurement data from optical component manufacturers is plus.
- Ability to multi-task and operate efficiently in a fast-paced product development environment with multiple projects at various stages of completion.
- Ability to innovate and architect new product designs when opportunities present.
- Strong proficiency with optics design simulation tools such as Zemax, Code-V is plus.
- Ability to simulate design and analyze data with software package such as Matlab and Python.
- Excellent communication skills with the following: interdepartmental (mechanical, electrical, software, system engineers), cross-functional (sales, marketing)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills - includes ability to present to customers
- Up to 30% travel (intermittent travel to support customer projects)
- Often works under the direction or supervision of an Optical Engineering Manager.
- Execution of design projects from concept through delivery.
- Works closely with Project Management (PM) and cross-functional (AME) teams to execute projects to requirements and schedule.
- Works closely with PM and Sales to assess opportunities and perform project estimation tasks.
- Perform technical analysis required (ray-trace, simulation, tolerance and error budgeting) and present results.
- Drive design and build of prototypes.
- Perform characterization and analysis relative to theoretical design and initial requirements.
- Complete documentation required for release to manufacturing.
Required Education and/or Experience :
1. MS/PhD degree in Physics (PhD preferred).
2. 1-2 years of demonstrated engineering & product development experience is plus.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.