Independent Consultant at Pacerobotics
Views:798 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
PaceRobotics - Mechanical Design Engineer (4-6 yrs)
About Us :
PaceRobotics is an IIT-B incubated startup that provides robots for construction. We are building a modular wall finishing robot that can autonomously perform plastering, putty and painting activities in construction sites. We have received pre-seed funding and are currently developing our first prototype. As we are preparing for our next phase of development, we need a mechanical engineer who will convert design inputs into engineered components and products.
Job Profile :
- Work as an engineering link between Product Design and CAD teams, converting design inputs from the product design team into highly engineered parts and components.
- Conceptualize, design and analyze all mechanical components for PaceRobotics- robots such as- base platform, linkages, mounting components, actuators, hydraulic components etc.
- Work on kinematic, dynamic and material analysis of all above components to optimize weight and improve robustness.
- Work on optimizing all moving components, with an emphasis on improving accuracy, reducing failure and vibrations.
Desired Profile :
- PhD (work experience not mandatory) or M.Sc/M-tech in Mechanical Engineering with 4-5 years of work experience in CAE, FE and mechanical design including academic projects, industrial R&D projects
- Deep understanding of Kinematics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials and Design of Structures including Vibrations.
- Very strong base in mathematical topics - Integral + Differential Calculus, ODE + PDE, Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra and Laplace Transform
- Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles and best practices.
It's a huge plus if you have :
- Experience/knowledge of manufacturing methods and DFM
- Experience/knowledge with scientific programming on python/matlab.
- Experience/knowledge with CAD tools such as Solidworks/NX etc.
Strong personal attributes in a candidate as listed below would be deemed necessary:
- Strong base in mathematics and fundamentals of mechanical engineering
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to provide creative solutions to technical problems
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to stay abreast of advancements in technology and engineering design trends