Head Sourcing at Karess Consultants
Views:68 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Packaging Engineer (3-10 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Develop various packaging concepts in coordination with finished products and materials used and ensure compatibility of packaging with manufacturing unit.
2. Assist all internal teams and perform research on all products and evaluate packing requirements in development phase of all products.
3. Develop all components and packaging labels.
4. Expertise to promote optimization and cost savings packaging design & solution.
5. Responsible for Anticipate any potential packaging failure issues and problem solve packaging test failures.
6. Responsible for analysing logistics, while creating protective packaging structure to ensure a cost-effective shipping method.
7. Excellent working knowledge of packaging materials and processes, fabrication techniques, cushioning theory, shock and vibration.
8. Packaging Engineer should have good understanding of all phases of a product's supply chain and logistics enables the engineer to design a package that is reliable, efficient and appealing throughout the entire cycle.
9. Well known with Packaging material for zero waste initiative or recycling process.
10. Well aware from conceptualization to design to development of the best packaging solution for the given product.
11. Work with Merchants and Sourcing/Product Development to create a strategic sourcing plan for distributing artwork to suppliers for development/approval.
12. Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
13. Analyse and provide support to all activities to achieve all marketing objectives with respect to product packaging & handling
14. Responsible for improvement in packaging-related engineering changes to meet customer requirements and improve production efficiency.
15. Any other assignments related to packaging solutions will be assigned by reporting officer time to time on requirement basis.