Director at People Value Consulting
Views:309 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Packaging Engineer - FMCG/ (10-15 yrs)
The Process Packaging Engineer will work closely with various departments within the Operations Department as well as the Quality, NPD and Brand Managers within the company. The Process Packaging Engineer will be supporting their manager to set up specifications for our products and ensure that our Co packers and Suppliers adhere to the Specifications in assigned territory.
The Process Packaging Engineer will attend plant start-ups for Production of Products and Packaging. The Process Packaging Engineer will support their manager to qualify Suppliers throughout the territory to ensure all Cans, bottles, trays, Cap, Shrink and all other packaging is produced to Organization standards.
This position will gather information for all the packaging materials. This individual is part of the Operations Department and reports to the Engineering Manager. This position will be in direct communications with our packaging suppliers (vendors) in assigned territory including their Sales, Customer Service and manufacturing facilities.
The Process Packaging Engineer will be supporting their manager to set up new plants and Specifications on new Equipment.
Essential Job Functions :
- Develop equipment specification and packaging standards
- Manage and update the current and archived Can and packaging files
- Assist in responding to customer complaints or inquires and develop action plans.
- Assist in developing packaging standards, best practices, and SOPs
- Assist with projects and communication.
- Assist with Weights and Measurements for Sap on all plants in their territory.
- Development of SOP's and work instructions for all projects and safety procedures
- Machine specs and settings are standardized to ensure quality packaging
- Travel to suppliers to evaluate processes and ensure integrity of product
- Other duties as assigned :
- 10-15 years- experience for soft drink industry.
- It is necessary to cooperate with PET bottle suppliers and manufacturing plants to prepare the PET bottles and modify the facilities at the manufacturing plants.
- It is necessary to have experience in PET bottle development and factory start-up experience in the past. Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in collaborative cross-functional team environments
- Must be well organized, Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction