Packaging Engineer - Medical Devices Services (2-6 yrs)
Job description :
Looking for Packaging Engineer.
- Apply working knowledge, under general guidance, on concepts, principles, and technical capabilities for projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Lead and support cross-functional projects, across global time zones, for new product commercialization and changes to existing products.
- Establish and manage packaging project schedules.
- Develop and validate sterile and non-sterile packaging and labeling systems.
- Qualify new packaging materials, equipment, and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with and monitor changes to packaging regulations.
- Identify, lead, and support cost savings initiatives.
- Write and coordinate technical documentation, including protocols, reports, procedures, specifications, work instructions, and original data.
- Develop and validate test methods and associated procedures
- Mentor new hires within department.
- Communicate regularly with Global Packaging & Labeling.
Essential Functions of the Role : Conduct packaging validations in a manufacturing environment.
Work Experience Requirements :
- Medical device packaging system development and validation
- Sterile barrier forming and sealing process validation
- Design of experiment and statistics
- Statistical analysis
- Test methods for materials, integrity, physical properties, distribution simulation, and aging
- Packaging material and supplier selection
- Rigid and flexible sterile barriers
- Fiber-based materials, including paperboard and corrugate
- Porous and non-porous packaging materials
- Sterile barrier form-fill-seal and heat seal equipment
- Manual and automated packaging processes
- Labeling substrates
- Labeling printers and systems
- Labeling equipment and vision systems
- Sterilization processes
- Technical writing
- Optimization and cost savings
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge :
- Familiar with ISO 11607, EU MDR, UDI, GS1, ASTM D10 and F02, ISTA
- Familiar with BIOVIA MyQumas, DocCompliance, and ProcessCompliance, SAP, CAPE, TOPS, Minitab, Microscan or similar systems
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.