Recruiter at MillenniumSoft
Views:295 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Packaging Operator (1-3 yrs)
Position : Packaging Operator 1 - Direct Send
Location : Sparks, MD
Duration : 12 Months contract
Total Hours/week : 40.00
- Shift : 4:00 Am to 4:30 Pm
- 2 on 2 off 3 days on 2 days off
Job Overview :
- Responsible for the labeling, inspecting and packaging of final container products with manual and/or automated packaging systems.
- Operates equipment that packages materials or products by inserting them into containers or filling containers from spouts or chutes.
- May perform other packaging tasks including placing labels on packages, operating small production equipment, putting manuals into binders, counting and sorting various items, and forming or breaking down boxes for final product.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all relevant forms. Identifies and escalates any issues associated with packaging operations.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Responsible for packaging materials in accordance with standard manufacturing procedures (SMP) and standard operating procedures (SOP) including equipment set-up, equipment clean-up and documentation of such process
- Filling, assembling, labeling and inspecting under direct supervision
- May be responsible for maintaining accuracy in weighing materials per the correct SMP and SOP weight tolerances
- Must be a good communicator within the manufacturing team to effectively define status of product or process between shifts either orally or with the use of written status reports
- May need to demonstrate the ability to set-up, operate and clean production equipment including weighing scales, hand-filling equipment, Integrated Fill Lines (IFL), bagging equipment and shrink-wrap equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to follow established procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must follow all client housekeeping policies and procedures
- Must follow all client safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet client business requirements
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education/Experience :
- High School degree/relevant experience preferred. Experience in a regulated environment preferred.
Basic Skills :
- Ability to work on assignments that are manual and routine in nature with the skill to recognize any deviations from specification
- Must be able to maintain neat, accurate and complete records and logs, both manually and/or electronically on a personal computer
- Must be able to effectively manage frequent assignment changes
Proficient/Working Skills :
- Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
- Basic proficiency with PCs (Personal Computers) and basic use of Windows environment is required
- Use independent judgment to plan, perform, make decisions, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Must be able to work in a repetitive work environment and be able to stand for long periods of time
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.