HR at Kalinga Global Services
Views:196 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Panel Operator - Oil Refinery (5-10 yrs)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience as a DCS Panel Operator within the Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical industry, preferably with experience in most of the following processes :
- Heavy Oils CDU/VDU/SGP/LTU/KTU
- Heavy Oils DCU o Hydroprocessing HCU
- Hydroprocessing DHT/HPU/PSA
- Sulfur SRU/ARU/SWS/CAR/CSW
- Utilities/ WWTP
- Offsite/ logistics/ Solids Handling
- Advance functional knowledge of DCS
- Knowledge of the refinery process, plant equipment and process control.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting P&ID and PFD.
Panel Operations Shift Handover :
- Accepts shift from previous shift Panel Operator with detailed log sheet of operational adjustments and changes during previous shift.
- Ensure continuity of operational issues handed over by the previous shift and take necessary action.
- Capture all major highlights and constraints experienced during the shift in the log sheet in detail for the following shift.
Control Panels :
- Monitors unit's process performance on a continuous basis using the Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Diagnose abnormal situations and takes corrective action from the control panel.
- Ensures equipment is operating within specified parameters and reports serious operational deviations to the Shift team Leader and Refinery Superintendent.
- Creates SAP notifications of malfunctioning equipment after discussing with shift Team Leader
- Reviews and compares outside log sheet readings at regular intervals with the control room instrumentation readings and ensure they correlate.
Lab Results :
- Reviews laboratory sample analysis results by referring to Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) updates, trending results and makes necessary adjustments of the control panel instruments.
- Ensures Shift Team Leader and Refinery Superintendent is fully informed on all related aspects and obtains guidance when necessary.
Start-up, Shutdowns & Emergencies :
- Controls operating plant start-ups, shutdowns, and emergencies by alterations of speed, temperature, pressure and flow rates as necessary.
- Facilitate the shutdown and start-up for turnaround, maintenance and inspection purposes with adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Implements the emergency procedures as dictated by the circumstances and SOPs.
Advance Process Control (APC) :
- Monitors the performance of Advance Process Control (APC) and provides feedback for corrective action and optimization to process engineers.
Process Optimization :
- Initiates operational adjustments to ensure optimization of process performance and improves high value product yield.