HR at Kalinga Global Services
Views:362 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Panel Operator - Oil Refinery (5-10 yrs)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience as a DCS Panel Operator within the Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical industry, preferably with experience in most of the following processes :
- Heavy Oils CDU/VDU/SGP/LTU/KTU
- Heavy Oils DCU o Hydroprocessing HCU
- Hydroprocessing DHT/HPU/PSA
- Sulfur SRU/ARU/SWS/CAR/CSW
- Utilities/ WWTP
- Offsite/ logistics/ Solids Handling
- Advance functional knowledge of DCS
- Knowledge of the refinery process, plant equipment and process control.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting P&ID and PFD.
Panel Operations Shift Handover :
- Accepts shift from previous shift Panel Operator with detailed log sheet of operational adjustments and changes during previous shift.
- Ensure continuity of operational issues handed over by the previous shift and take necessary action.
- Capture all major highlights and constraints experienced during the shift in the log sheet in detail for the following shift.
Control Panels :
- Monitors unit's process performance on a continuous basis using the Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Diagnose abnormal situations and takes corrective action from the control panel.
- Ensures equipment is operating within specified parameters and reports serious operational deviations to the Shift team Leader and Refinery Superintendent.
- Creates SAP notifications of malfunctioning equipment after discussing with shift Team Leader
- Reviews and compares outside log sheet readings at regular intervals with the control room instrumentation readings and ensure they correlate.
Lab Results :
- Reviews laboratory sample analysis results by referring to Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) updates, trending results and makes necessary adjustments of the control panel instruments.
- Ensures Shift Team Leader and Refinery Superintendent is fully informed on all related aspects and obtains guidance when necessary.
Start-up, Shutdowns & Emergencies :
- Controls operating plant start-ups, shutdowns, and emergencies by alterations of speed, temperature, pressure and flow rates as necessary.
- Facilitate the shutdown and start-up for turnaround, maintenance and inspection purposes with adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Implements the emergency procedures as dictated by the circumstances and SOPs.
Advance Process Control (APC) :
- Monitors the performance of Advance Process Control (APC) and provides feedback for corrective action and optimization to process engineers.
Process Optimization :
- Initiates operational adjustments to ensure optimization of process performance and improves high value product yield.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.