Sr. Manager Recruitment at JMD Placements
Views:137 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Piping Analysis Engineer - Oil & Gas (4-8 yrs)
Position Title :
Piping Analysis Engineer
Reports To : Engineering Team Lead, Core Engineering - Analysis
The role requires to perform piping analysis of subsea production system products. Creates, reviews, and analyzes piping designs to ensure compliance to technical specifications, functionality, and constructability.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience analyzing offshore or subsea equipment in the oil & gas industry.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering related to Layout & piping materials and piping systems of offshore oil and gas industry, codes, standards / specs.
- Must be proficient in use of piping analysis programs such as Autopipe, Triflex
- Proficient in Finite element Analysis Tools - ANSYS or ABACUS.
- Expert knowledge in ASME VIII - Boiler & Pressure vessel codes, Stress linearization & Stress classification concepts (Linear / Non-Linear analysis), HISC assessment
- Basic Knowledge in Python scripting
- Knowledge of international offshore piping standards and design codes such as ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, DNVGL-RP-F112 and NORSOK Standards
- Preparation and checking of stress analysis reports in Triflex /Autopipe software. Prepare the nozzle load and pipe support load and coordinate with mechanical and structural as required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost-effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
- Vendor drawings review for Valve and Specialty items
- Review other department vendor drawings/documents.
- Must have the ability and initiative to communicate, gather information and make sound engineering decisions.
- Knowledge in CAD system (e. g. Inventor, Pro/E, Unigraphics etc.).
- Able to work independently and interface with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced project environment.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Uses sound engineering judgment, classical calculations and analysis programs to analyze designs and generate new designs.
- Participates in design reviews and provides specialist piping, jumper or flowline design advice to other engineers.
- Provides recommendations for optimizing piping designs to ensure functionality and manufacturability.
- Independently develops solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Responsible for quality and on-time-delivery of assigned tasks
- Ensure good personal time management and weekly time entry into SAP system
- Provide input to and support improvements to processes or work instructions
- Ensures that assignments conform to customer guidelines and specifications
- If this role sounds exciting to you and fulfil your future goals, then we would love to hear from you.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.