Sr. Manager Recruitment at JMD Placements
Views:129 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Piping Analysis Engineer - Oil & Gas (4-8 yrs)
Position Title :
Piping Analysis Engineer
Reports To : Engineering Team Lead, Core Engineering - Analysis
The role requires to perform piping analysis of subsea production system products. Creates, reviews, and analyzes piping designs to ensure compliance to technical specifications, functionality, and constructability.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience analyzing offshore or subsea equipment in the oil & gas industry.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering related to Layout & piping materials and piping systems of offshore oil and gas industry, codes, standards / specs.
- Must be proficient in use of piping analysis programs such as Autopipe, Triflex
- Proficient in Finite element Analysis Tools - ANSYS or ABACUS.
- Expert knowledge in ASME VIII - Boiler & Pressure vessel codes, Stress linearization & Stress classification concepts (Linear / Non-Linear analysis), HISC assessment
- Basic Knowledge in Python scripting
- Knowledge of international offshore piping standards and design codes such as ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, DNVGL-RP-F112 and NORSOK Standards
- Preparation and checking of stress analysis reports in Triflex /Autopipe software. Prepare the nozzle load and pipe support load and coordinate with mechanical and structural as required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost-effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
- Vendor drawings review for Valve and Specialty items
- Review other department vendor drawings/documents.
- Must have the ability and initiative to communicate, gather information and make sound engineering decisions.
- Knowledge in CAD system (e. g. Inventor, Pro/E, Unigraphics etc.).
- Able to work independently and interface with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced project environment.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Uses sound engineering judgment, classical calculations and analysis programs to analyze designs and generate new designs.
- Participates in design reviews and provides specialist piping, jumper or flowline design advice to other engineers.
- Provides recommendations for optimizing piping designs to ensure functionality and manufacturability.
- Independently develops solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Responsible for quality and on-time-delivery of assigned tasks
- Ensure good personal time management and weekly time entry into SAP system
- Provide input to and support improvements to processes or work instructions
- Ensures that assignments conform to customer guidelines and specifications
- If this role sounds exciting to you and fulfil your future goals, then we would love to hear from you.