Planning Engineer - Oil & Gas (8-15 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- Managing and performing detail planning using Primavera on several projects.
- Consolidate the overall planning data.
- Perform analysis, forecast of load, statistic related to planning.
The Planning Engineer will support the Planning Team in the preparation of operational and financial analysis and management reports for budgeting, planning and project evaluation efforts. The primary focus will be on budgeting, forecasting and post-project planning and assisting in preparation of the performance card.
Key KRAs include :
- Involved in developing/maintaining and managing the Project schedules from conceptual to handing over of the project.
- Preparation of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each Projects.
- Coordinate with the engineering, procurement and project team to ensure that project schedules are met.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of quantitative data via databases and spreadsheets
- Assign all proper resources according to the needs of every project; managing the workload.
- Disciplined Project Management capabilities with ability to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- A passion for teamwork, integrity, learning and continuous improvement.
- Holds overall accountability for planning of OPEX & CAPEX etc.
- Keeps continuously updated on developments and new technologies in the oil & gas industry.
- Provide up to date data and summary on progress matters as and when needed.
- Define and improve rules and methodologies for planning.
- Interface towards Company functions for all matters that have an impact on Planning.
- Preparations of weekly and monthly report liaise with other Divisions for data collection.
- Knowledge of productivity factors, manpower calculation, engineering matters, procurement matters.
- Highlight critical activities and other constraints to Management.
The Ideal candidate must have :
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum ten years of Planning Engineer experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience with Project Planning software such MS Projects & Primavera (P3 to P6).
- High quality analytical skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills with ability to interface effectively with engineers across multiple functions
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate with his team and Senior Management.