Talent Acquisition - Emerging Market at DH Recruitment Services
Views:346 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plant/Factory Manager - Bottling Firm (8-20 yrs)
JOB SUMMARY :
- Responsible for a small plant bottling operations to maximize efficiency and material yield with set framework of quality standards at optimal manpower and material cost and meet the production volume targets at all times.
- Responsible for the overall plant management in terms of operations, control and organizational structure and GMP.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and evaluates the bottling operations of the plant to produce the products needed by sales. Ensures that the daily volume targets are met by production.
- Prepares the production schedules to ensure optimized production cost and reduced downtimes. Set daily production mix levels and agree shift arrangements with the Production Manager to meet the daily requirements of Sales.
- Plans and implements the maintenance management system of the plant that will provide high reliability of operation of the machines. Prepares plant's overhaul schedules without affecting production requirements.
- Ensures harmony and coordination in all manufacturing activities of the plant.
- Maintains the operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the project, operational, and personnel policies and procedures to all the personnel to instill discipline among employees.
- Regularly reviews the operating results of the organization, compares them to the established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct and improve unsatisfactory results.
- Ensures the implementation of the quality assurance programs of the company which includes environmental and safety.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with the established policies and top management approval.
- Develops a system that will ensure optimal and efficient use of labor and resources such as labor productivity monitoring.
- Coordinates closely with HQ-Projects on implementing new projects such as new bottling lines and common facilities, rehabilitation of machines, overhauling projects, and new manufacturing plants.
- Plans and manages the plant's operational budget. This includes the variable cost budget, fixed controllable cost and fixed non-controllable costs to that the ensure product's costs are kept within reasonable prices.
- Plans and implements action plans designed to achieve the sets goals for the following year as part of the plants annual manufacturing plan.
- Analyzes the plant's budget requests for approval to identify the areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates the operating budget.
- Implements and cooperates with other departments with respect to new product launches and other tests.
- Maintains the staff's job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning monitoring, and evaluating the job results.
- Ensures the training of employees on the use of the equipment and machineries in the bottling lines.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES & INDICATORS :
- Deliver the production as per sales demand at the highest quality and minimum cost possible. Responsible for the overall management of the manufacturing facilities.
- Number of cases produced per month versus capacity or targets.
- Yield, wastage and downtime levels per period versus standard.
- Average cost per case per month versus standards.
- Quality ratings of bottled drinks as indicated in control reports versus specification.
- Number and complexity of consumer product complaints per month
- Number of shutdowns per month resulting from engineering maintenance problems.
- Plant based project management
WORKGUIDES & REFERENCES :
- Engineering Service Manuals
- Production Management Manuals
- Quality Control (PCI) Manuals
- Plant Operations Manuals
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
MINIMUM EDUCATION :
- HND/B.Sc Physical Science or Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of 8 years experience in performing production and engineering management in a food/beverage company.
- At least 5 years experience in a beverage/bottling company preferably as Engineering Manager, Factory Manager or Project Manager.
SPECIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Organisational skills
- Sound appreciation of bottling line operation
- Basic understanding of bottling line machine/tool technology
- Project Management skills
- Analytical ability.