Recruiter at Invokhr Solutions
Views:455 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Plant Head - Industrial Product (15-25 yrs)
Company History : Muvtons is a 44 year old company, manufacturing industrial and other wheels and castors for material handling and logistics industry. The company is seeking an aggressive growth path over the next five years, that will entail adding new product lines, new markets etc. Currently the company sells both domestically as well as exports its products to around 25 countries worldwide including Europe, US, Scandinavia etc.. The company has been known worldwide for its high quality products, some of the products are high end, high performance products where the application demands are very stringent both functionally as well as dimensionally.
As Muvtons embarks upon an aggressive growth path, the manufacturing capabilities would need to keep with growth. For the Plant Head, it would imply the following :
a) Taking end to end accountability of Plant results which would comprise apart from other things - adherence to dispatch plan, meeting the cost, efficiency, productivity targets.
b) Identify opportunities for improving productivity/ efficiency of complete plant operations; recommend ideas and solutions and lead effective implementation of ideas to deliver sustainable benefits/ impacts.
c) Assess existing processes, systems (incl standards, methods, norms) to determine opportunities for improvement across plant and drive the change.
c) Create a culture of quality, safety and innovation at the plant by engaging the employees - staff and workmen.
d) Develop a vision for the plant in line with Muvtons business ambitions, while contributing ideas to help Muvtons gain a distinct manufacturing edge over a 3 - 5 years. Deploy the vision and the emerging strategic priorities while balancing the day to day operations.
e) Develop internal capability of the various functions in the plant through necessary training, development and resourcing efforts.
f) Enhance the product quality to levels exceeding products manufactured in Europe or US; active participation in company's diversification plans on broadening product offerings"
Desired Personal Traits of the Candidate :
1. Must be a Strategist and aligned with the Vision of the company to grow 10x over next 5 years, using his knowledge to improve processes, technology & ways of working, bringing in plant efficiencies by identifying improvements, automation and efficiency initiatives and intervention.
2. Understanding of the complete width of Plant operations - Production, Assembly, Stores, Maintenance, Plant HR/ IR, Production Planning and Control, Quality and Finance.
3. Trustworthy with High Integrity and Ethical Work principles
4. Excellent Communication Skills
5. Leading by example, of being a Role Model and motivating & building teams. Willing to roll up the sleeve an work with team members to solve problems by sharing expertise.
6. Must have a Positive Personality while high drive/ hunger to accomplish results
7. Should be Creative and offering 'out of the box' solutions for issues
8. SPEED OF EXECUTION shall be a key trait in this role - speed of implementing thoughts and ideas into practical reality will be very important.
9. Excellent Analytical Skills and ability to take Quick Decisions- person possessing High Deliverables skill set is desired
10. Experience of having conceptualized and led automation, efficiency, productivity interventions over a considerable period of time - Hands on expertise
11. Ability to take 'APR' ?Absolute Personal Responsibility for his actions or inactions and the results thereof.
Desired Professional Skill Sets :
1. Knowledge of materials viz. steel, alloy steels; forging, casting, assembly (precision assembly in particular) & other plant related functions.
2. Understanding of current best practices in processes, technology involved at the company, that includes apart from other things CNC machining, Welding (including robotic welding), metal stamping, product assembly, process flow, layout design, Lean Sigma tools and methods.
3. Strong man management skills - ability to build a strong team of direct reports and ability to deliver results through them.
4. Knowledge of implementing both quick win improvement projects & strategic long term value added automation opportunities at various levels across functions - Stores, production, dispatch, PPC etc. to achieve higher employee productivity, throughput improvements, quality enhancement and wastage reduction
5. Track record of having led initiatives to achieve improvements (waste reduction, productivity, quality and technology deployment) over a period of time and delivered results successfully
6. Ability and the comfort to take tough calls (people, process, product, technology etc.) where needed to deliver on Muvtons goals and ambitions.
Education & Experience :
1. B. Tech in mechanical engineering or likewise
2. Atleast 15 to 20 years of work experience in engineering industry, work experience in companies known for high quality engineered products and assemblies (wide range of products and volume which add to complexity) is desired
3. Atleast 3 to 5 years of experience as a Plant Head or similar roles in a company producing engineered products and assemblies
4. Company would be looking for evidence of successfully implemented projects by the candidate showing his capabilities to do the above
Vision for the Prospective Candidate's Growth :
1. Working in an organization that has a strong and un-interrupted 44 year worldwide presence which is aiming for an aggressive growth path, yet taking a very professional approach to building its Human Capital on the journey. The candidate with co-create a happy work culture in the organization along with the management to make Muvtons one of the most desired places to work at.
2. Offering the 'best in industry' package commensurate with the candidate's skills sets and experience
3. Possibility of offering an attractive variable component linked to deliverables viz. enhancement of product quality, reduction of internal rejections, enhancement in monthly and yearly plant turnover, improving productivity through process re-engineering or automation projects timely implemented.
4. Attractive Yearly Growth commensurate with the candidate's performance and the company growth