Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:376 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plant Head - Polymers & PSF (18-25 yrs)
Our client is one of the largest producer of Polymers & PSF. We are looking for Plant Head - Polymers & PSF for this South Eastern Asian company.
We are looking for only those candidates who has experience in the manufacture of PSF & Polymers.
- 20 Years of experience in the manufacture of operations of Polyester Polymer and PSF out of which at least 5 years as the Plant Head of Manufacturing, fully responsible for the entire manufacturing operations of Polyester Polymer and PSF.
Reporting to :
- This is a senior management position, and reports to the Head of Operations Group.
Job Scope :
- Overall responsibility for Polyester Polymerisation and PSF - Manufacturing, Process and Product Development/ Optimisation and Project Execution
- To ensure smooth operation at optimum cost without compromising safety and quality.
- To manage, improve, and execute agreed production plans and deliver products to the satisfaction of customers.
- To continuously improve and ensure workflow efficiency in manufacturing.
- To ensure cost competitive production without compromising quality - by continuous improvement of yields and reduction of conversion cost heads.
Key Responsibility Areas :
- You will be responsible for all activities related to manufacturing of Polyester Polymer and PSF including, but not limited to - plant scheduling as per production planning, maintenance plans, budgets, manpower development/ allocation, material control, packing of finished goods, and product quality assurance.
- You will maintain Standard Operating Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Check-lists, and also Training Manuals for the workforce.
- You will coordinate with Marketing and Planning Heads and optimize production planning, maximizing productivity and ensuring customer satisfaction with quality and delivery
- You will ensure that the manufacturing plants are maintained in compliance with all applicable/ latest Quality Management Systems (ISO/ Any other specific quality management system)
- You will need to organize with Raw Material and Purchase department for RM, chemicals and catalyst procurement and process related spares.
- You will effectively manage and maintain production systems to ensure product consistency and quality, as agreed with QC/QA.
- You will actively lead and drive continuous product quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- You will coordinate with Engineering Department for electrical/ instrumentation/ civil/ project activities and ensure equipment availability as per business plan and meet product availability at all times as per plan.
- You will be responsible for packing of finished goods in the kinds of packing as required by marketing.
- You will be required to participate in new product development activities and develop SOCs/ SOPs in close coordination with Marketing and Product Development Teams, whenever applicable.
- You will closely work with production personnel of individual areas and ensure development of next level of personnel in all areas of production, with adequate training and development programs
- You will plan, prepare and monitor all Polymer and PSF plant operating budgets/ expenditures - to meet financial cost objectives.
- You will identify, initiate, and co-ordinate projects (CapEx or Regular) with concerned function heads, to reduce operating cost/ or to improve product performance.
- You will originate and execute Energy conservation drives and modifications to reduce Power and Utilities specific consumption.
- You will develop, measure, monitor and control KPIs (on yield, waste, manpower productivity, cost, downtime, asset utilization, customer satisfaction, etc) for the Polymer and PSF plants, and highlight to the top management on periodic basis the actual performance along with corrective action plans.
- You will strive to improve competitiveness by driving cost reduction initiatives in manufacturing.
- You will keep track for new/ alternative technology, assess the benefits, and implement the same in the plant driving continuous improvement in all areas.
- You will be required to assess and plan process requirements for any new plant expansion.
- You will be responsible for safety and security of Polymer and PSF plants, by extending support for implementing Safety, Security & Fire Fighting systems and procedures at all plant areas in coordination with Engineering Head.
- You will prepare and submit Failure, Breakdown, Production and Quality loss reports along with RCA and Management of Change reports.
Skills/ Competencies Required - In addition to the functional knowledge:
Process & Safety Management :
- Ability to simplify complex processes, see opportunities for process synergy and integration, seek to reduce variances in organization processes, leverage technology to positively impact efficiency and quality, get more out of fewer resources and ensure a work environment where nothing is more important than personal and process safety.
Achievement Orientation :
- A clear focus on achieving excellence and improving performance.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results; works with passion and a sense of urgency; seeks opportunities to improve results and processes in a proactive manner; contributes to the goals and profitability of the company
Broad Perspective :
- Ability to think broadly and act as an owner when making day-to-day decisions, to understand how decisions and actions within own area impact other areas, to understand linkages and inter-dependencies among processes and takes actions accordingly, and to reach decisions and solutions based on the best interests of the company.
Impact and Influence :
- This job involves coordination with function heads of Engineering, Commercial, and HR, and hence ability to persuade or convince others for their support is very essential.
- To demonstrate ability to motivate people toward common goals and objectives, look for new opportunities and innovations, ability to make the distinction between personal, employee and company interests.
Valuing Diversity :
- Capability to understand the diversities of peoples and groups; to effectively foster positive working relationships with all people of diverse cultures, to promote a culture of inclusion through taking actions.