Plant Logistics Head - Vendor Management (12-17 yrs)
Major Challenges :
- Vendor Development
- To shift focus from vendor selection to vendor development.
- To enable vendors to use technological initiatives for attaining common objective of service differentiation.
- Vendor Management
- Making a transporter to invest in new fleet in line with organizational requirement
People Development :
- To educate existing and new resources on various Supply Chain concepts and mentor then in their roles for improved performance in existing roles and develop them for complex/higher roles in the function
- Drive the team for improved usage of IT systems
Logistic Operations :
- Ability to handle dynamic and contingency situations by taking logical decisions balancing between Organization / Vendor and the Customer objective
- Having a system for monitoring cluster developments and ability to insulate the logistic operations from cluster dynamics and in situations respond with speed post assessing and validating variables in cluster which are likely to impact operations.
- Striving for improvement in CSL by revalidation of the systems and processes and taking initiatives to address infrastructure bottlenecks post in-depth understanding of capabilities and constraints
- Having a system for maintaining and improving services in-line with changing customer requirement
- Ability to influence Industry players and service providers/ unions for best possible rates balancing mutual conflicting interest
- Drive/ Support logistic teams at each Plant/ region in the zone for maximization of despatches in line with market requirement by realigning plans/ mode mix/ product mix - etc
- The entire road logistics is dependent on outsourced resources of which 40% is non-dedicated fleet. The biggest challenge is to retain fleet in lean situation and to mobilize extra resources to meet cyclical fluctuation in demand at optimal cost
- Delivering under conflicting priorities i.e., manufacturing vs. marketing, logistics vs. marketing, segmental conflicts i.e., trade vs. non trade vs. key and inter zonal issues without affecting quality of the results.
Interested candidates can apply here.