Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:2973 Applications:487 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:143
Plant Manager - Manufacturing (15-20 yrs)
Unit Head is responsible to drive & perform the entire Operational activities / Production / Maintenance / Quality of product / Raw Material planning / Inventory control / Logistic and also internal & External responsibilities handle with care.
Safety/HR : Trainings on different modules on safety to each & every employee/workman. Emphasis on near miss reporting, organizing awareness of Safety promotional activities. Discuss regarding Statutory compliance. Training to technical team for enhance their technical skills.
Production/Maintenance/ Planning : Studying the daily production activities with product quality, RCA if any down time & its CAPA. Motivating team to achieve production goals. Planning & scheduling with own team to achieve the goals, quality and cost parameters.
Quality Management : Based on the production plans - listing out any deficiency in product quality parameters and discussion to control & do necessary course of action. Coordinate with market team to timely delivery movement of packed stock.
Store & Purchase : Daily review of indenting/procurement of engg items, packing material & its inventory control, non moving items isolation, purchase of quality items, Minimum inventory. Cost reduction to negotiation with vendors. Help with purchase team to develop new authorised vendors.
MIS Reporting : Preparing MIS reports in the standard formats and submitting them on periodical basis, presenting the performance data during monthly reviews.
The position encounters the following challenges internally & externally in executing its role :
1. Steep challenge in to produce quality product with safety.
2. Entire operations of Unit by manually with Skilled, Semi Skilled and labours.
3. Managing External Stake Holders like villagers, Government Authorities etc.
The role is supported by following personnels in meeting the challenges:
1. Operational & Quality team by planning & suggesting budgeted production.
2. Unit Engineering team providing cost control & for efficient planning.
3. Focus on Max quality product with minimum cost.
Required Candidate profile :
- B. Tech/ M. Tech Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 15-20 years experience
- Minimum 5 years of leadership/managerial experience heading a large scale plant as a plant manager
- Should have prior experience in fertilizer, NPK, SSP or chemical process industry
- Candidates working in a granulation process plant preferred.
- Well versed in handling statutory compliance related to Pollution control board and all other related to factories act.
- Strong knowledge of SSP manufacturing process.
- Well Versed in SSP machinery and chemical handling process.
- Well versed in chemical knowledge.
- Exposure in fertilizer industry as per FCO.
- Able to handle various Internal and External audits.
- Well versed in data analysis and presentation
- Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of each function.
- Proven leadership, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities .
- Fluency in Kannada / native of Karnataka mandatory.
Candidates willing to relocate to Hospet may only apply