Sole Proprietorship at Independent Human Resources Professional
Views:170 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Plant Manager/Operations Head - Packaging Films (15-22 yrs)
PLANT MANAGER/ OPERATIONS HEAD (PACKAGING FILMS)
Oversees all daily operations of the flagship manufacturing facility. Ensures all required productivity, quality and regulatory standards are met. Develops processes for maximizing productivity, efficiency, safety and quality. Leads and mobilizes the manufacturing group to maintain a high-performing culture.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Leads the development of strategies and tactical plans for all manufacturing operations to achieve company objectives (plant throughput, productivity/efficiency, safety and quality).
o Manages the development, analysis, and submission of the plant capital budget.
o Directs the day-to-day operations of all plant manufacturing functions with overall responsibility for organizational effectiveness, production cost, product quality, employee safety, and environmental compliance.
o Drives a culture of continuous improvement in all facets of operations.
o Represents the organization in the community by maintaining good community relations with local and state government, civic groups, and the public.
o Represents plant/Company to key customers during on-site visits and audits.
o Manages the development of a competent workforce to meet the current and future manpower requirements (i.e., performance management, goal-setting, plant metrics/KPI- s, training & development, succession planning, etc.).
o Ensures effective communication of plant priorities, initiatives and performance requirements to all plant employees.
o Ensures proper collection and reporting of data necessary to track performance of the manufacturing operation against the plan (i.e. labor efficiency, scrap reduction, deviations), identify root causes of issues and support problem solving efforts.
o Ensures a safe work environment for all employees through company directed safety programs, compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements and promotion of a strong preventative safety culture.
Qualification And Experience:
1. Minimum 15-plus years of progressive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 5 years direct supervision in a plant manager role. Required 5-plus years of plant management experience in production of Polyester Film manufacturing for application in flexible packaging and labeling industries. Depending on individual's overall profile, other forms of film manufacturing experience may be considered (i.e., blown/cast film production).
2. Must have proven work history in challenging environments requiring strong leadership and independent decision-making.
3. Strong desire for plant management experience in 24/7 operations.
4. Must have a thorough knowledge of best-in-class manufacturing methods (Lean, Six Sigma, RCFAM, etc.).
5. Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others, and the ability to foster open communication in an environment of high growth and innovation.
6. Demonstrated strengths in achieving challenging goals, effectively communicating at all levels, seeking out and valuing other's expertise and opinions, and pursuing cooperation and consensus within and across organizations.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader