Lead Recruitment Associate at Alin Technologies
Views:519 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Power Electronics Engineer (4-10 yrs)
- A BS/MS/PhD in Electrical/Electronics/Power/Control or Automation engineering with a strong academic record.
- Strong understanding of power electronics topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) and familiar with power converter circuit simulation tools like Simulink/PLECS/PSIM.
- Experience with high voltage power semiconductor selection (IGBTs, SiC MOSFETs, and Diodes), gate drive and hardware protection circuit design.
- Good understanding of device characterisation, double-pulse test, Semi-conductor losses calculation and experience with semiconductor loss modelling.
- Understanding of packaging and thermal management of power converters
- Experience in schematic design, modelling and time domain simulation software for power converter design.
- Experience in PCB layout for minimal stray inductance.
- Design and development of digital and analog electronics for power converter, i.e. voltage/current sampling and signal conditioning, auxiliary power supply design etc.
- Good understanding of inductor design and capacitor selection.
- Experience in solving noise problems in ultra-high switching frequency converters and ability to design of EMI/EMC filters to meet stringent requirement. It should be supported by good understanding of converter layout and component placement in converters.
- Knowledge of basic control theory and experience with embedded programming.
- Experience in commercial solutions development i.e. from concept to final product.
- Experience in the development of commercial high-power and high-voltage power electronics converters for electric drives, power supplies and power conditioners.
- Knowledge of potential issues when integrating power electronics converter into distribution system with various energy storages and sources/loads.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Possess a strong drive in working towards challenging requirements and deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and working in team.
Good to Have :
- Understating of high voltage engineering and experience would be added advantage
- Experience in high power motor drives test rig development would be added advantage
- Experience in aerospace Industry is preferred.
- Candidates with experience in marine, renewables, automotive, mining or similar industries are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and exposure of aircraft/gas turbine engines will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with different industrial standards for electrical system is an essential and knowledge/exposure of aerospace and marine standards will be advantageous
Detailed Job Description :
Primarily be responsible for delivering multiple applied research and development (R&D) projects involving development of High Voltage or Low Voltage Power Electronics converters. The project involves selecting appropriate topologies and power electronic components, design and develop high voltage converter systems and the interfacing circuits.
Responsibilities you would expect the Subcon to shoulder and execute- :
- Power electronics hardware design and development for different converter topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC etc) from specification to design, and prototype.
- Detail Documentation of the design during the project execution.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to successfully develop and test the power converters.